VIII - Bruises

Pain. The first thing YN feels when she wakes up is pain. Every inch of her body aches as she struggles to prop herself up in bed. She can't help but wince when she rolls her head around. She's never been so sore in her life.

The sheets stir next to her and she freezes, tentatively looking over her shoulder to spot the psychopath she has to share a bed with. Thankfully, Taehyung is still deeply asleep, looking much prettier than should be allowed. When he's asleep he looks innocent, all long hair and soft skin. It's almost as if the monster he was last night was just a figment of her imagination.

The pain tells her it's not.

As quietly as she can, YN slides out of bed, trying not to focus on how much every movement aches. She passes her utterly ruined reception dress, the poor thing torn to bits. Taehyung made sure it would never be able to be worn again when he brought out the knife and cut it off of her.

YN tries to shake the memory, but she can't. She remembers every moment of it. Taehyung is a complete sadist and made sure to let her know that, know who owned her. She remembers the twisted smile on his face and she was pinned under him, the way he reveled in every moment of it.

YN's feet touch the warmed floor of the bathroom, stopping to look at herself in the mirror. She wishes she wouldn't have. Ugly bruises litter her skin from her throat to her breasts to her thighs, all deep and dark. Intermingled between them are small cuts and teeth marks, evidence of all the knife play he put her through. Her hair that had been done up so prettily for the wedding is a complete bird's nest, knotted and tangled from where he pulled and tugged it. Her head is pounding and she wants to find some pain medicine, but more than that she wants to wash off all the bodily fluids on her. She doesn't know what is what and she honestly doesn't want to know.

Sniffling, YN cuts on the shower, hoping that the hot water will ease some of her pain and help wash last night away. She really wants to cry but she used all her tears up last night so all she can do is gasp slightly, standing under the too hot stream. YN wants to be as gentle as she can washing her skin due to how sensitive it is right now, but she rebels against herself, scrubbing as hard as she can stand, somehow hoping all the bruising will wash away like makeup.

It doesn't. All she does is make herself redder than she already is.

Tackling her hair is another situation altogether. There are products and combs and brushes in the shower already but they don't seem to do much to help her get the knots off. The thought of having to cut it all off comes quickly and YN freezes, a wide-tooth comb abandoned in her hair.

What if Taehyung makes her shave her head?

YN sinks to her knees, sitting in a ball in the corner of the massive shower. Her face is wet either with fresh tears or shower water, she can't tell. Either way, it doesn't matter. She's been ruined, violated so completely that all she can do is cry.

The steam is making her dizzy and crying is making her head hurt even more but she doesn't care at all. She's already in so much pain, a little more won't so much.

But just as black dots begin to swirl in her vision, the shower door opens and the hot air whooshes out. YN doesn't look up. She already knows who it will be.

"Good morning, beautiful," his voice says, completely unaffected by YN's clear mental breakdown.

She doesn't say anything. She doesn't even flinch. Taehyung tsks lightly, stepping into the large shower.

"Look at me, YN. I'm not going to let you off just because you were a good girl last night."

YN has never hated another person so much. She grips her knees, lifting her head just enough to lock eyes with him.