12: Soon To Be Son In Law

Start from the beginning

"I know you care Sharey, you care a lot but then again, why are you still with her? Can't you just leave her?" He put the envelope inside his pocket of the apron and pulled Sharey to sit down.

Her shoulders dropped immediately upon the mention of her mother. This is tough, having to choose between your parents is tough. Sharey just wanted to disappear in thin air.

"She is my mother, dad. Do I have a choice? Tell me, what am I supposed to do when you both are the parents I want. You both can end your bond with a piece of paper but no one can make me choose between the two of you, never."

Sharey had tears in her eyes by now, her throat feeling sour. Her parents are divorced but she still loves both of them dearly. Afterall, it isn't a crime to dream of a happy family.

Her dad placed his hands over her palm, stroking slightly. "I'm sorry baby. I couldn't be that father to you, I've disappointed you."

Sharey wiped off her tears quickly and denied, "No dad, you're the best. You always were and you always will be. You've taken good care of Shane."

He smiled a little, hearing those words. Sharey felt at ease. "Speaking of him, where is he?"

"Who knows. The restaurant's not working that well and he also does another part time job by the beach. Might've gone there."

Sharey felt bad upon hearing about his condition. Her mother is living off well in the Park mansion and he's struggling here.

Sharey placed her hand on the envelope, "Don't worry dad, I'll work harder and keep sending you money. Keep this safe for now."

He smiled a sad smile. He knows how hard Sharey works for the family. He also knows she wants all of them united but that cannot happen now. He never thought he'd have a divorce but what could he have done after he learnt about her dark and shameful deeds.

And then again, he isn't one to hold any grudges but what he cannot forgive his now ex wife is for what she is forcing Sharey into. Just thinking about it makes him angry and worst part is, Sharey won't deny.

"Take care of yourself Sharey. And are you still up for it...?" He asked a bit reluctantly.

"Hu? Up for what dad?"

"You know Sharey. This-this whole arrange marriage thing with tha-" Sharey placed a hand over his mouth, shutting him immediately.

"Shhh- dad, it's alright. It's something mom has decided for my own good." Sharey reassured him.

"Your own good? Don't you see Sharey? Shane told me about those two boys outside. He is also a part of the same group as them, isn't he?" His tone was rising up a bit.

He was loosing his temper. He knows what his ex wife is after and it is just a misfortune that Sharey has become a victim here. She was never satisfied with what she has and now, Sharey is getting played on like a bait.

"Dad ! Please, calm down. It's okay, I'm okay."

"But-"

"No buts dad or else I'll never meet you again." Sharey threatened and her dad finally gave up.

"Fine. Just because of you." Sharey smiled happily. "Anyways, why isn't your future husband with them? Where is he?"

He pointed outside where Jimin and Taehyung were supposedly eating right now.

"He was in Hawaii since the past two days dad. He'll be coming tonight." She informed him.

He nodded. Then he stood up and walked to stand beside her, placing his hand on her head. "Are you sure you are happy?"