Chapter 2

a/n. it took forever to type Dx. and to update for that matter. but i'm a procrastinator. what can i say? but i hope it's long.

Chapter 2

I walked to math and, just like every other class, sat in the back. I had passed my math class room on the way to first period so I knew where it was and was the first one there. Math was always my best subject so I took out my sketch book and started drawing. I started drawing Death the Kid from Soul eater. Jake came in the class and stood next to me.

“That’s my seat,” he said.

“Not according to the teacher,” I said keeping my head down as Trinity walked in.

“Oh, wrong class.” She said. “Jake don’t waste your time on the new girl.”

“She’s in my seat,” he said simply.

“Who wants to sit by her anyway? I gotta get to class now. Bye Jake.” She said walking out.

Jake sat down next to me. I sighed. “You want the seat so bad?” I threw the strap of my bag over my shoulder and grabbed my sketch book, “here.” I went a few rows over and sat down.

“Where are you going?” he asked moving next to me.

I groaned inwardly. Why me? “You made such a big deal about your seat. I was moving so your fan club could sit by you.”

“Fan club?” he sounded amused.

I went back to my drawing of Kid.

“Into anime I see,” he said looking over my shoulder.

I shaded his hair, leaving the signature three white lines.

“What’s that?” he said. I continued ignoring him and added a few details to his face. “You’re new right? I’ve never seen you before,” he said. I drew Kid’s pants and shoes. “Hey what did I do? You’re ignoring me and you just met me.”

I sighed, “I’m trying to draw.” I said erasing a line that wasn’t straight.

“What is it?” he asked again.

I redrew the line. “A shinigami,” I said to confuse him.

“Don’t tell me then.”

“You asked, I told you. It’s not my fault you don’t know Japanese.”

“You’re Japanese?” he reached over and touched my hair. “Cool black hair.”

I held in a purr. Damn! Why are people so fascinated with black hair? I put my hand flat in frustration. “Can you not touch my hair?”

“I could. But what fun would that be?” he asked, still stoking my hair. God damn it! Why do cats have to like people petting them?

“What can I do,” I growled, “to get you to leave me alone?”

“Hmm. . .” he said. I was still trying to hold in a purr and now a hiss. I could feel my claws unsheathe and put my hands in my lap. “I guess I’ll leave you alone while you draw as long as while I try to talk to you, you won’t ignore me.”

“Fine,” I said through gritted teeth. He stopped stroking my hair and I could feel the purr die in my throat. I felt my claws retract and I continued drawing.

“Okay. Today we were have a new student. Sarah. Would you stand up?” Mrs. Smith asked. I stood. All the girls gave me death glares for sitting next to Jake. I ignored them and sat down. “Alright. Open your books to page 375 and do questions 1-20.”