Chapter 3

The bell rang signaling the end of the day. I went to my locker and put my books inside. I know Jake is in most of my classes. Possibly all if he's taking Japanese and piano. Gosh that would suck.

I put my headphones in and walked home, carefully listening for Jake.

It took me ten minutes to get home. Good to know.

I walked inside and called for my mom, if she was there, that I was home. I put my bag down and did my homework. The math took me ten minutes and none of my other teachers regularly assigned homework.

My mom walked into my room. "What classes do you have?" I showed her my schedual. "P.E.? Won't they see you?"

"Yeah. I need to get that changed."

"Alright I'll do that tomorrow morning."

"Can I go for a walk?"

She sighed. "I guess."

"thanks." As soon as she was out of the room I opened the window and changed into a black cat (yes, I can change into a cat-hence the ears and tail) and slipped out.

I wanted to get to know the area and this was the best way I could.

I walked through the little town, careful to avoid any animal sheltersa nd dog catchers so I would make it home. I saw someone sitting in their backyard, crying. I went up to them and tried to make them feel better only to find out it was Jake.

"Hey there, little kitty. Are you lost?" he asked. Wow, who knew he could be nice? I meowed and jumped into his lap. Hey, I'm a sucker for people to pet me and he was crying. "What a pretty kitty." He started stroking my head and I purred.

I could see his eyes start to dry up somewhat. Cute cat always works.

"Do you need a home, little kitty? Me too." I cocked my head to the side in confusion and he laughed. "Come on, Kitty," he said, picking me up. He oopened the door to his house and grabbed two bags off the ground. One of the bags was a shoulder bag and he put me inside. I meowed in protest and Jake just laughed at me, leaving the backyard and taking off running.

I had no idea where he was running and I was jostled around too much to get a look out of the bag. Eventually he stopped to catch his breath. I looked out to see my house directly in front of us. Did he mean to come here? Did he know? He caught his breath and continued running into the forest. I'll take that as a no. He got to a tree house and climbed in. I sat with him until he fell asleep, then went home and to bed myself.