( sixteen )

HONEY HONEY
CHAPTER SIXTEEN

TWINKLING lights shone over the brunette'a head

TWINKLING lights shone over the brunette'a head. She had to admit, it was beautiful. The small storage room had transformed into a exquisite ball room. It felt magical. Celestial decorations dangled from the ceiling and hung from the walls. The Roth girl closed her eyes. A soft, classical song played with her head. She hummed along as she slowly swayed her body back and forth. She imagined herself in a long, beautiful dress dancing in the arms of her prince charming.

Opening her eyes, John Ambrose stood against the door frame, watching her with a smile. At the sight of his face, her own smile dropped. John also saw her image. Him holding her under the moonlight and dancing to the soft romantic music. It made him smile too.

She looked down, averting his eyes. She saw her arms were hugging her body, mimicking her thoughts. The McClaren boy opened his mouth but Carly was quick to walk away, not prepared for anything he could possibly say. Carly walked towards the snack table, finishing setting up for the party. John Ambrose watched with every pain in the world. He took in a deep breath, his head hanging low.

Lara Jean put the finishing touches on the decor and Carly brought in the last of the food. The room began to fill with excited elderly people. Carly placed the needle on the record player, the music making the elders excited as they relived their teen years.

Carly stood behind the punch bowl, serving those who needed it. Glancing up, her eyes caught a glimpse of a dashing white suit. John Ambrose entered the room looking dapper as ever. Carly's heart hammered against her chest as he walked towards her.

"Hey." He greeted with a smile. The brunette couldn't deny that he looked incredibly handsome. No matter how angry she tried to pretend to be, he was doing things to her heart.

"Hey" She smiled briefly and looked back down at the punch. "I didn't know you were dressing up."

"It's a ball, isn't it?" He asked. His eyes filled with desperation not that Carly was willing to look at them. The Ambrose boy sighed in defeat. He hurt her and he knew that. "I guess,
I'm gonna go..." he pointed behind him and Carly nodded.

Just as Carly thought the hard part of tonight was over, Lara Jean entered the room, descending the staircase like a princess. She looked beautiful. Her hair was curled to perfection. Her lips were beautiful red, none of which comparing to the beautiful sky blue gown she had on. Carly looked down at her own clothes, playing with the hem of her shirt.

"Beautiful, isn't she?" Carly turned behind her. Stormy stood behind her with a smirk on her aged face. The brunette snapped from her jealous daze and smiled back at the woman.

"Yeah, she's gorgeous." She agreed beginning to walk away from the crowd.

"Hold on, young lady." Stormy stopped her. Carly halted, looking back in confusion. Stormy walked towards her and wrapped an arm loosely around her shoulder, leading her upstairs.