( two )

HONEY HONEY
CHAPTER TWO

CARLY and John Ambrose met once again

CARLY and John Ambrose met once again. The following Friday John had arrived ten minutes early, apart of his apology to her. He had already ordered her tea and cookies. Carly didn't actually like Nora's cookies and preferred her mum's homemade ones a lot more. She appreciated the gesture and stuffed her own box of cookies further into her bag.

John was mildly impressed by Carly's answers. She wasn't gonna tell him that she had her handy friend google to help from time to time. He his red ballpoint pen ticking and correcting her work. Carly watched him carefully as he did so. When he finished her flashed her his famous John Ambrose smile and handed it back to her. "You're improving"

"You're a good teacher" his smile grew wider at the compliment. John placed his bag on the table as he searched for his copy of othello. He rifled through countless papers, removing some to make the search easier. "What's this?"

John's eyes lifted up from his bag to her. Between her pink painted fingers was a letter. One he had recieved weeks ago. He hadn't known what to do with it. The name Lara Jean Covey was almost forgotten until he recieved her letter. It was clear it had been written six years ago but when he got it he still felt warm inside. "A letter from this girl I used to know"

"I didn't know people still sent letters" she commented as they lived in age of moblie phones.

"I think it's from a while ago. It was written a couple of years ago. I don't know why she sent it now"

"Is this girl important to you?" Carly enquired, noticing the dreamy look in John's chocolate brown eyes.

"I don't know. I had a huge crush on her in sixth grade but I mean what does this mean? Does she like me now? What if she's different? I mean it's been six years" Carly found his rambling cute. Neither of them had spoken this much to each other. Carly was in no place to give advice. She'd only had three boyfriends and none where anything meaningful.

"Why don't you ask?" She turned the letter around. "There's a return to sender address. See what she has to say"

John agreed, nodding his head. His eyes lit up as his brain conjured up another idea."Would you help me?"

Carly laughed."I think you've forgotten who's helping who with English"

"I just need someone to read it, a girl"

Carly checked her watch. Time had flown by. Carly stared to pack her stuff away as John watched her. His eyes were still full of anticipation. She placed a hand on his shoulder. "Write me a first draft. I'll read it next week"

There's something Carly had yet to learn about John Ambrose McClaren; he's an incredibly inpatient person. One would wonder how on earth she believed he could make it to Friday. As soon as he got home that night had rewritten his response to Lara Jean more than ten times. He had debated running over to Carly's house over the weekend but he didn't know where she lived. He knew the hotel that she worked at but invading her personal life seemed like too much even for him. So, he suffered over the weekend. He had never been more excited for a Monday.

Carly was definitely not expect to speak to him that Monday. No one did. The likeliness of Carly Roth and John Ambrose McClaren crossing paths was extremely low. Carly was walking down the school hall next to one of her friends, Maisie Peterson. Carly didn't have any best friends but Maisie was the closest friend she had.
The two girls were laughing over the tragic but hilarious accident that had occurred in their chemistry class.

John's voiced had boomed throughout the whole school, shouting her name. Maisie and Carly stopped short both extremely confused. They turned around to watch John Ambrose bounce off walls as he ran towards her. He looked particularly dorky today. He had a blue knit jumper over a yellow, possibly patterned shirt underneath. He held his goofy smile on his face. If he wore glasses, Carly might of melted at the cuteness. "Hi, so I know that you said you'd read it on Friday but I thought since I finished and what's stopping us from seeing each other throughout the week? So you could just read it and hand it back whenever, like tomorrow or at lunch, you know just when you're free."

Carly was out of breathe just listening to him. Did he really expect her to ignore her classes just to read and edit his love letter? "I really appreciate this"

He touched her shoulder out of thanks and sped to his next class. Yes, yes he did. Carly looked at the stack of papers in her hands. She estimated eighteen pages. Maisie was bewildered by the situation. "What the hell just happened?"

"John Ambrose is tutoring me. He got a love letter from some girl from his old school. He needs help writing a reply. I'm the one helping him." Carly explained in short.

"Why is John Ambrose coming to you for help? You know nothing about love."

"He doesn't know anyone else. Besides, if he can help me pass english then I owe him" Carly didn't mind helping out John Ambrose. Reading through eighteen pages of personal feelings however made her feel jaded and slightly uncomfortable. It was like reading his diary. "Speaking of, can I borrow your notes after today's lesson? If John wants this done by lunch I'm gonna have to ignore everything Miss Taylor says."

( this is so bad, I'm sorry )