Chapter 14 - Expecting

back in Nurmengard

"C'mon, open it!"

"Queenie, I told you there's no need for any more gifts, you all actually piled me up on the baby shower!" Said Aurora tiredly to her friend.

"Oh, it's not such a big gift but I thought he or she would really like it!" Queenie grinned excitely as Aurora unwrapped the surprise from the paper. The expectant mother smiled as she held the light grey baby onesie that was white on the edges in her hand which was adorned on the top side by a small cute sleeping lamb.

"Isn't it adorable? I thought this color would perfectly match whatever gender the baby will be?"

"It's so precious and cute, thank you so much Queenie!" She replied, and they hugged each other.

"I can't wait to meet this perfect little miracle." Queenie said.

"Me too! Only two months and he or she will be here. I can not believe." Aurora replied and wiped a tear away from her face.

The hormones annoyed her terribly, throughout her pregnancy, her mood changed almost minute by minute, and of course her appetite. She's been eating a lot of sweets lately, though she really tried to resist the temptation to ask for chocolate ice cream for every dinner with a gummy topping and raspberry whipped cream from the house elves. When she put the little onesie among the others in the drawer, she lay down on the bed and read, waiting for her husband to arrive.

Soon, she started hearing familiar footsteps approaching the room.

"Where is my beautiful and amazing wife, and my fantastically sensational little child?" He asked as he entered the room with a tray. "Hi, sweetie." He smiled at her.

"Hi, honey. Aww, you hear how daddy's calling us?" She smiled widely, and rubbed her round belly, to which the baby responded with kicks and began to move excitedly inside. "Oh, Gellert look, it's kicking again!"

"You two are just so amazing!" Gellert smiled too, and lay next to her on the bed, giving her a lingering kiss, resting his hand gently on the baby bump to feel the action of his baby.

"Oh, I brought you chocolate, some fruits, herbal tea, extra blankets, body lotion and warm water bottle for-" He couldn't finish the sentence 'cause suddenly she kissed him deeply.

"Thank you so much you're the best husband I could ever wish for!"

"I'd do anything for you two, my love. You're the best thing in my life, and I still can't believe that I have you. You're gonna be a glorious mother."

"But you're gonna be an even more wonderful dad." She smiled, and caressed his face. "I missed you so much Gellert!"

"Me too, darling! I just had to arrange a few things about the birth of our little one. All precautions should be ready by the time he or she arrive. How are you doing my beauiful dove?" He asked, and took her hand in his.

"I'm quite okay I guess, although these mood swings are driving me crazy, and my back hurts more each day, bit it's all worth it." She smiled, and squeezed his hand.

"Want me to massage you?" He asked.

"Maybe later." She replied smiling.

"I'm so proud of you. You're the strongest woman I've ever seen. And now you're all mine, carrying my baby." He said, looking through her, and caressed her belly softly, feeling the baby inside. "Are you lying alright, sweetheart?" He asked caringly, and adjusted the pillows under her back.

"Thank you, baby, I love how caring you are but I'm alright. You don't need to worry, I'll be okay."

"I know you will. You're my queen. I love you more than you can imagine." He cuddled closer to her, and sang a lullaby to the baby, the same one he heard as a child, taking care of them for the rest of the night.