"Well we have another rehearsal tomorrow and I've explained everything to you that needed to be said. We practiced and I think your ready to sing with Toby tomorrow. Get some rest and stay confident. When i promised to take you to the end with me, I meant it. Your great Bella. You really are. Let me walk you out to your car. Its pretty dangerous in the city at night for a pretty girl like you to be roaming the streets without a guy to protect you."

"'Thanks Adam." She blushed as we both walked outside of the building. The cold air lingered its way through our clothing and made goosebumps appear on Bella's skin. I took my leather jacket off and wrapped Bella in it. When we got to her car, she leaned in for a hug and when we seperated, I placed my soft pink lips on hers.

--Bella's POV--

"Omg Adam Levine just kissed me." I mentally shouted. Of course I kissed back, Who wouldn't kiss Adam Levine back? But then I backed away and whispered, " I'm sorry."

"No I'm sorry. Bella you should go. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay."

--Adams POV--

It was a mistake kissing her. She's on my team and if anyone found out I could lose my job and she could be disqualified from the competition. It was wrong of me to risk things just by kissing her. But it was a spur of the moment thing. I didnt plan on a kiss. It sort of just happened.

It was about 8 at night and Toby showed up. We talked for a while about why he wanted to win and then went on to practicing his vocals on the Christina Aguilera song. He did amazing. His vocals were clear. Both singers are really good and I would hate to loose either of them. Especially since the other 3 coaches could steal one from me.

"Great job Toby. Go home now. Get some rest. The big day will come sooner then you think."

~4 days later~

I woke up ready to get the battle rounds over with. My nervousness had kicked in once I pulled up to the back lot. I was excited to see all my artists perform but afraid of having to let one go. The second I opened the front door, Carson sprinted over to me letting me know that Bella and Toby would be going first. I talked to him for a while then decided to check on Bella in her dressing room. There was a hallway that connected to the coaches dressing rooms and that's where the contestant dressing rooms were. I searched for Bella's name and when I saw it, my hand made a fist and knocked on her door.

"Come in." She shouted. My hands turned the door knob and slowly came into contact with Bella. She was trying to zip up her dress for her peformance when I walked over to her.

"Here let me get that for you." I cautiously placed my hand on the zipper and slid it up slowly. I'm not gonna lie and say it didn't turn me on. Once she turned around to say thank you, our eyes met. Our faces were close. But this time, Bella walked away before I could kiss her. I was disappointed and left her room.

Producers called for us coaches to find our seats because the show was about to start.
Christina winked at me once I took a seat.
Blake stuck his middle finger up and CeeLo kept talking to his pet cat.

Carson came on stage and introduced the first acts which were Bella and Toby. One at a time, they appeared in the arena and waved to the crowd. The music began to play and Christina looked over at me in an instant. She was mouthing words to me but my mind was focused on the contestants. Right when Bella strutted her vocals, Christina was amazed. They both were doing great. Everything I had told them needed to be worked on a bit more, was done.

...

The song ended and Carson asked Blake who he would have chose. "Um y'all both did amazing. The vocals were so clear and I was so drawn into the performance from start to finish. But I think Bella delivered a little more then Toby."

"Christina?"

"Um I happen to know this song very well...haha ... And I would pick Toby because I like different things. A guy pouring his heart out into a song that's sung by a girl takes a lot of hard work and effort. Toby pulled it off. "

"CeeLo?"

"You both did such a great job that It's impossible for me to choose."

"Very helpful CeeLo." I exclaimed.
Carson jumped into the conversation.

"Adam these are your contestants... Who are you going to choose?"

"Okay so this is probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make. There was no mistakes made in the performance. Everything we worked on was perfect. this is very hard for me. You both are such great artists and I love you guys. But I think I'm gonna have to go with...Bella."

--Bella's POV--

Carson raised my left arm because I had won the battle round. I was continuing on to the Knckout rounds. My dream was slowly coming true. I couldn't of been more happier when Adam chose me. I looked over to Adam from where I was standing and I wished I could just run over to him and kiss him. I regret backing away in the dressing room. I really do. When I walked off stage, Adam inches his way over to me and gave a huge hug. I whispered in his ear..."My dressing room. After the show."

He whispered back "Yes m'am."