"Hey. How are you?? Are you okay??" Liam was concerned for me. I could feel it in his extra soft voice.

"I am dealing. I'll be fine. Wanna meet??" I asked him.

"Yeah sure. I'll be there in 10." he said and cut the call.

I looked around my room which was messy as hell and sighed. I didn't had the energy to organise the messy room. I sat on my bed and a thought crossed my mind, 'Liam is my friend. I don't think he'll mind the mess. Plus I can bet his room is way messier than my room.' My dear subconscious high-fived with me hearing my intelligent thought. HAHA!!!!

Exactly ten minutes later Liam arrived with multiple boxes of pizza and coke.

"Hey. I figured you hadn't eaten since yesterday, so I brought all this." he gave me a sweet smile before placing all the five boxes and two bottles of coke on my study table.

"Thankyou so much Liam. You are a saviour. I'm starving but I was scared to leave my room." I said with tears in my eyes.

I was actually touched by his candour of bringing me food without even asking. Something only Daniel could have done for me. I missed my brother today but now I see that I have Daniel 2.0 in the form of Liam.

"Heyy come here." he stepped towards me and wrapped me in a friendly yet protective hug. "It's okay. Nothing happened. You're okay. We are here for you. And by 'we' I mean myself and asshole Derek. To stop your precious tears let me tell you something." Liam pulled me from the hug and chuckled as I pinched my eyes together to listen to what he has to say about Derek.

"Well!!!! for starters he was quite a badass last night when we were questioning the barman. He even threatened to kill him. And before when he found you in that state, he was really furious at me for leaving you alone, but on the other hand he looked oddly worried. I found it weird since he barely knows you but he was so concerned. I think he likes you too." he beamed at me.

But I didn't show any expression of happiness or surprise. Because I knew he only helped me as a duty. Liam noticed my sad expression and asked.

"What?? Aren't you happy?? What's wrong??" he asked.

"It's nothing." I said, my gaze fixed at the floor.

"Hey you don't have to worry about douchey. Okay. I will not let him come near you. He won't hurt you again. Derek said he will take care of him." Liam told me what I already knew and I sighed.

"It's not Alex I'm worried about. I'm not afraid of him and his cheap tricks. And I know that you will not let me get hurt." I said.

"Then what is it??" Liam questioned.

"It's Derek. Like you I also thought after last night that he liked me back. But he told me that he helped me because it was his duty as a senior to protect juniors." I confessed and looked sadly at Liam. "He doesn't like me Liam. He was just doing what he was supposed to do."

Liam was just looking at me dumbfounded. He didn't know what to say. He looked shocked and moreover upset for me. He saw tears pooling in my eyes and hugged me again.

"Don't cry. It's gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay." he said softly while caressing my hair. "You know what my mom says to me. That when you feel strongly for someone especially when you feel love for someone, no matter if it's reciprocated or not, you will be rewarded with that love, someday. So, don't lose hope."

Liam's mom's words hit me deeply. It actually gave me hope. So what if Derek doesn't like me back, I will wait. I feel strongly for Derek. This feeling that I have for him, I have never had for anybody else before. He makes me crazy and wanting more. He is such a warm person and his smile looks like a summer morning bathed in sunlight. He has been nothing but good to me since day one. Who wouldn't fall for a person like that?? Who wouldn't want someone like that in their life?? Who wouldn't want to love and be loved by someone like that???

Thinking all these thoughts, I pulled back from Liam's embrace and wiped my tears. I smiled at him and thanked him for being such an amazing friend to me in only a few weeks.

Then we opened the pizza boxes and devoured in them, talking, laughing and joking about last night.

__________________________________________

Hello readers,

Here is a new update for all of you. This chapter is not too long like the last one. And it deals mainly with Amarra's thoughts regarding the freshers' incident and Derek. It also covers a beautiful aspect of her friendship with Liam. So I consider it a good chapter.

Tell me what you all think about the same.

And please VOTE FOR THE STORY. It is important that you vote as it is a motivation for me.

Thankyou!!!

~Preeti