﹙ 𝐯𝐢 ﹚ detention

Começar do início

     We eventually arrived at the library and he led us to the first bookshelf to the left. The room was silent and I know it's a library and all, but it was scary almost. The room was practically empty; it was the evening after all and I assumed most students had better things to do because I certainly did.

     "It has become apparent that some first years don't know how to properly return books to the correct place. You two will be correcting their mistakes until the entire shelves are appropriately organized. No magic allowed."

     I huffed, "but sir, how are we meant to know which ones are incorrect? That means we would have to-"

     "Take apart the entirety of the shelves, that is correct Miss y/l/n." he interrupted. "You're in for a long night, I suggest you begin now."

     Once he had left, I chucked my bag on the table in protest and pulled out a desk chair which I soon slouched into.

     "Calm down y/l/n, it's hardly that bad. It could be worse." Diggory said, beginning to take down books, from the endless shelves.

     "That bad? That bad?" I repeated in disbelief. "Look I don't know about you, Diggory, but I actually have a life, and would rather spend my Friday night, in my common room, with people I actually like, not spending countless hours rearranging books, with you, because a few first years were careless enough to stupidly return them to wrong bloody shelf," I yelled, at a serious speed.

     A few students that were quietly studying hushed me and I just glared back at them. He just shook his head and I heard him softly chuckle to himself, as he piled up a few books.

     "Amused are we Diggory?"

     "Do you want to return to the 'people you actually like' as soon as possible, y/l/n?"

     "Of course I do, but I can't exactly get out of this one, can I? Unless Mr Smartass has any better suggestions."

     "I suggest you actually help," he said.

     I knew he was right, although that didn't make me want to do it any more than I did. I scoffed and finally started pulling books from the shelves aggressively.

     "What did Golden Boy Diggory do to end him up in detention anyway?"

     He huffed, "No one calls me that."

     "Oh, I think you'll find they do." I scoffed at how naive he was acting.

     He looked over at me attacking the books. I was roughly piling them up and almost throwing them out of the shelves.

     "You know, I think you'll find it easier if you weren't so aggressive with them."

     I smirked at him. "I'll do it how I please, thank you very much."

     "Why do you feel obliged to act like a bitch all the time? No one is here, it won't ruin any 'reputation' you've made for yourself, by the way."

     "People annoy me." I stated bluntly, ignoring the fact he called me a bitch, "especially people like you, Diggory."

     "People like me?" He questioned, "And what's that supposed to mean?"

     "You know, overrated, teacher's pets, that are constantly told by their parents, the dad specifically, that they are amazing and incredible at everything they do, that just so happen to be teenage boys, in Hufflepuff." I smiled sarcastically as I turned around to face him.

     "Merlin, you talk fast."

     "I take that as a compliment." I smiled sickly sweetly, and I turned back to the labour I had been forced to do.

     It had been a while since we had spoken and were currently working on our third set of shelves, in silence.

     "Very quiet, y/l/n."

     I shrugged, "Hmm no, I just don't particularly want to talk to you that's all Diggory. Why, do you miss the sound of my voice, or specifically, your own?"

     "Do not. And you don't have to call me 'Diggory' all the time, I have a name you know."

     "I know that I just chose to address people by their last name unless they earn my respect. And by how irritating you are, you sir, have not."

      "You really are Slytherin." He chuckled and averted his attention back to the shelves.

      I gasped dramatically, "What's that supposed to mean? You know you really shouldn't refer to stereotypes when judging people." He didn't say anything but smirked in my direction as if to say that he did in fact do just that. After a moment's silence, I said, "In that case, you're such a Hufflepuff."

     He cracked a smile as he looked back at me, and for a moment, when I returned the glance, I did too.