Tome 1 | Log 4 part 2

Start from the beginning

Lucifer gave Pandemonica a wide toothed grin and ushered her closer. The tired demon complied, pulling up a chair that sat in front of Lucifer's desk and sat down. The queen of hell snapped her fingers to make another wine glass appear along with the bottle of her favourite wine.

"Care for a drink?" Lucifer asked her, jiggling the bottle in her hands.

Pandemonica hesitated for a second, but replied with, "Eh, why not. My shift ends in ten minutes anyways."

Lucifer tipped the bottle-head first-and poured a glass for her companion while refilling her own glass as well. Pandemonica grabbed her share, and took a little sip, smacking her lips to try and narrow down the tastes.

"Romanée-Conti, huh? Should have expected someone like you to have a wine as luxurious as this." Pandemonica noted, taking another few sips.

For the next few moments the room was silent, all that could be heard was the sound of two demonic deities drinking.

"Ah yes, I just remembered. Miss Morningstar, have you made a decision on what to do about those portals just in case another incident like before happens?"

"As of now? No, not yet. Ever since the day that group of mortals had managed to infiltrate the tower, there has been no other known breaches." Lucifer sipped at her wine. "While it is supposedly a good thing that it hasn't happened again, I just can't help but feel uneasy."

"Believe me when I say that you aren't the only one." Pandemonica replied. "Skolar and Lazarus have increased the protection for all the cities in their circles by tenfold ever since that little skit in the tower."

"And what about the other circles and their cities?"

In response to the question, the tired demon had set her wine glass down and picked up her clipboard once more, flipping a few pages before clearing her throat to read its contents.

"Besides the circles of Anger and Heresy—who are now more guarded than the Pentagon—,all the other circles have remained relatively the same with changes not worth too much attention."

Lucifer gained a miniscule amount of interest. "Changes? What kind of Changes?"

The Sin of Sloth pushed her glasses up as they were slipping, and began listing from her paper. "Like I said, nothing too noticeable. Modeus has had an increase in demons capable of flight to patrol the skies of Lust. Y/n, his Wardens and High Prosecutor Justice have been more active in the circle of Greed, and the others have just been tightening up security, though not as much as Heresy and Anger."

Lucifer listened carefully, imprinting what Pandemonica had said into her mind. "Is that all?"

The Sin of Sloth nodded, picking up her drink and taking another sip, twitching at the strong fruity flavour it gave her. "It appears so, my queen."

The queen of hell quietly gritted her teeth in dismay. The attack on Lucifers Tower was most definitely a very big deal. By the time all the invading mortals had been slaughtered, every demon in hell had caught wind of what had transpired. Lucifer had hoped that the Sins were taking this threat seriously, but by the looks of it only two were.

She sighed, rubbing her temples in circles with her pointer finger and thumb. She was getting a migraine just by listening..

Pandemonica watched on with an amused look, before that amused expression turned to one of seriousness.

"So," Pandemonica began. "Do you mind if I ask you a question? A more personal one at that?"

Lucifer took another small gulp of her brew. "Depends on what the question is."