Prologue

"In the beginning, in the dawn of time, there was nothing but darkness, the only light being the almighty being that mortals would come to know as God. How this mysterious entity came to be, no one will ever know the answer to."

――――――――――

"Tired of the endless darkness that engulfed the universe, the lord had decided to create something: a beacon in the world of gloom. He decided to create life."

"It took seven days to create life and the world it lives in, seven days, but in the end God had thought all his efforts to be worth it."

"On the first day, God created radiance. With the snap of his fingers, he was no longer the only light in the darkness. Radiance now illuminated the dusk."

――――――――――

"On the second day, God decided that if he were to carry out a duty as large as creation, then he would need a place to rest and watch over them as they thrived, and so he created the skies and heaven: a region of clouds and blue that stretched across the globe."

――――――――――

"On the third day, God created land, a place where his soon to be spawn would grow. Using this land, he shaped the world and its continents. God also created the sea and plants, the plants to help feed his creations and to help them prosper, while the sea and other bodies of water were to quench their thirst."

――――――――――

"On the fourth day, God made the stars and two great lights in the sky, one light to rule the day, and one light to rule the night, both created using the lustre of the heavens. He dubbed these two the 'Sun' and the 'Moon'."

――――――――――

"On the fifth day, God filled the sea and skies with life, creating animals that swam and flew to fill up the once vast emptiness. A simple smile graced the gods face as he watched the animals play and prance. His work was soon to be finished, and then he would finally be able to rest."

――――――――――

"On the sixth day, God birthed life that would roam the lands. Cows, sheep, hippos and monkeys, hundreds of animals were made, but the most special of them all being humanity."

"Out of all his creations, humans were by far one of the most complex and interesting. Unlike the fish from the sea, the birds from the skies and the cattle from the land, humans were smart and constantly found new ways to evolve."

"Humans were so fascinating."

"They had become God's favourite creation."

――――――――――

"Now, on the seventh day, many people believe that after creation came God's rest, that he would lay down and watch as life grew. That he was finally satisfied with no longer being alone."

"They were wrong."

"Humanity―God's favourite creation of all―had changed so fast. He saw as humanity hunted, fought, disregarded the importance of life and sinned."

"The lord was now displeased with humanity. They had sinned against life itself. They had committed irredeemable crimes. They had lost their place as the lord's favourite; they had lost their place amongst creation."

――――――――――

"No matter how hard he tried, the all mighty could never will himself to end humanity. They may have sinned, but they were his creations, his children, and he couldn't bear the thought of ridding them for good."

"No, God could never destroy. Instead, he had come up with a solution, one he thought to be the most rational decision at the time. To solve this problem, God did what he had been doing since the first day..."

"He created."

――――――――――

"On the seventh day, God forged a place used to punish his creations for the heinous sins they committed. A place where those ungrateful for what he had done would go, a place where only those who have sinned would suffer. He created hell, a nine layered inferno of his rage and flames, used to punish those who are deemed guilty. And with hell, from its fires birthed demons, demonic entities, creatures whose appearance varied with abilities unlike the humans or any other animal. These denizens of hell would torture sinners and carry out his judgement."

"With Hell and its demons created, God would now not need to worry about the sinister humans that plagued God's kingdom, for they would suffer soon enough. With the problem of humanity taken care of, God moved on to the next part of his plan. "

"Bad humans who sinned would go to Hell, but where would the good humans go? What could he do to make them willing to purge themselves of sin? To the lord, the most viable answer was to let those saintly humans live with him in his kingdom in the clouds. From the clouds in heaven, he moulded them into angels, human-like beings with the wings of a bird with a golden crown―a halo― sitting on their heads. They were his messengers, eyes and ears, and were created to carry out his will. These holy beings would also help keep the humans who entered Heaven in check."

"On that same day, he created two new realms, planes of existence that existed outside that of normal boundaries. He created The Abyss and Purgatory; The Abyss being a place where his failed creations would go, his creations that could not be contained within the normal confines of Hell. Then there was Purgatory, a world of eternal darkness, one where those who were worthy of entering Heaven, but failed to do so under some circumstances, would go to repent.

――――――――――

"God was tired from the making of the universe, but could not rest for he needed to make one more thing. As the seventh day began to come to an end, God cried at the beauty of his creations, and from those tears came seven heavenly beings with powers greater than anything he had created before. He had dubbed these creatures the seven heavenly virtues, and they would keep order within heaven while God rested, and decided whether or not a human could enter Heaven."

"At the creation of the Heavenly Virtues, God noted that the world was thrashed into unbalance. The powers that the Virtues emitted were far too strong, and so God decided that the Heavenly power brought by the Virtues needed to be steadied with equally strong powers of wickedness."

"Using a jagged boulder from Hell, God cut himself, and from that blood came seven demonic beings whose powers rivalled that of the seven virtues. He dubbed these demons the seven deadly sins, and they would keep order within hell and decide who went there depending on their crimes. With the creation of the Deadly Sins, the world reverted back into balance. "

"Pleased with his work, God sent the Sins down to hell while the Virtues followed him to heaven, where he soon rested."

"God was happy, he was pleased, he was relieved that he would not need to worry about the danger humanity brought and he was ecstatic for he was now no longer alone, and he would forever be surrounded by the love and admiration from his constructs. Soon, God fell into a deep slumber, slowly regaining the power he had drained from creation and waking up only once a millennium to witness the progress of life."

"However, after God's slumber, his work was unfortunately wasted and abused. All intelligent life turned on each other, waging wars and wreaking destruction across the realms."

"And the centre of all the destruction...was humanity."

"Now, only time will tell what happens next...."