Chapter IX

Shaky breaths filled the small room. A trail of little blood splatters from the entrance ends on a corner. There, a kid is trying to patch up his fresh scars. He ripped off a piece of cloth and tied it to a cut on his skin. When the surface of the cloth meets the raw skin, he hisses in pain.

Yet, he kept doing it, knowing it would be better than getting the cuts infected. But then, he ran out of cloth to cover his cuts. He leaned his head on the wall and closed his eyes. Wishing that this is a nightmare and he needs to wake up now.

But sadly, this is the harsh reality. And everyone knows, you can't escape from the reality. "God, why did this happen to me?" He sighed.

"Peter Stark, ready to tell me the code?" A deep voice boomed and was followed with loud knockings. Peter whimpered in fear, he didn't want to get abuse again. The door opened and Burly came in with a knife.

"Please, sir, I really don't know." Peter sobbed. Burly sliced the kid's cheek with no hesitation and left. Peter grasped his cheek to stop the bleeding. He's been crying non-stop ever since he's tortured. "Please help me..." Peter pleaded.

"Help me, dad."
______________________________

"Are you sure this is a good idea, Tones?" Rhodey frowned. Tony double-tapped his arc reactor and the suit started to cover his whole body. "Whatever it takes to save my kid." Tony simply answered and took off. "Call for back up when you're in trouble!" Rhodey shouted. But of course his words fell on deaf ears.

"So, ready to tell the others?" A familiar ladylike voice piped up. Rhodey hummed in reply as he turned around and walked with Pepper into the tower.

"Hey, where's Peter?" Nat asked them. A chorus of "Yeah" formed from the others. "About that," Rhodey winced a bit. "Peter's kidnapped." Pepper helped him. "WHAT?!?" Sam, who's drinking water, spitted out in shock. Bucky is next to him and he got splashed but the soldier didn't react because he's too shocked.

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Steve used his 'eyebrows of dissapointment'. "Sorry, yesterday you guys just got home from a mission. Thought y'all need some rest." Rhodey looked sheepishly.

"At least now we know. Now, where's the so-called genius?" Nat raised an eyebrow. "He went by himself." Pepper and Rhodey answered in unison  while pointing out the window.

The rest just shook their head and some face-palmed. "Of course he would do that, of course!" Steve rolled his eyes. "You do know we can't do anything. That guy is as stubborn as a mule." Rhodey said in a matter-of-factly tone.

Steve sighed and straightened his back. "Avengers," He looked around and saw a sea of determined faces. "Assemble."
______________________________

Tony landed slowly to the ground. "Alright. Fri, show me the building's vent layout." A map suddenly popped up on his screen. Tony double tapped his chest again and the suit made it back to the arc reactor. He got into the mysterious building with burning rage in him.

Took a while to get in the vents, but worth every minute. He crawled and crawled until he heard sniffling from the right. 'Must be bambi.' Tony lit up and crawled quickly to the right. There's an opening below him, so he peeked throught it.

He saw Peter on a corner silently crying. 'I need to get his attention.' Tony tried to shake the bars, but no sounds are created. Shouting would most likely alert the others. So, he rummaged in his pocket and found a nickel. He dropped it and at the same time, Mr. Aaron came in.

Peter looked up and hugged himself more tighter, making himself smaller than ever. Mr. Aaron glanced coldly at the whimpering kid and saw the nickel.

"Where did you get that?" The man stepped in and took the nickel, and then glared at Peter. "No-nowhere sir." Peter mumbled. Mr. Aaron took out a small dagger out of his pocket and threw it.

The rusty dagger landed on the wall, right next to Peter's eye. The kid's eyes widened in terror. "That was a warning, now tell me, Peter. Where. Did. You. Get. This?" Mr. Aaron shot a sharp, cold glance, that could even make Nat back off. "I-I really don't know." Peter sobbed. Mr. Aaron looked at him in disgust, then took the dagger and sliced open a huge gash on Peter's left arm.

Blood immediately drip out of his arm. The man dropped the now bloody dagger and slammed close the door. Peter looked at his new wound in horror and used his other hand to stop the bleeding.

In the other hand, Tony had had enough. He had seen his kid being tortured, with his very own eyes. His blood is boiling with rage.

'After this, I swear I'll kick your nuts until it breaks apart, break all your 206 bones, slice every millimeter of your skin, cover you in lemon juice, vinegar, hand sanitizer, pepper, and salt, and let you slowly die of starvation, dehydration, and exsanguination.'

Tony shoved his hand in his pocket again. And his fingers touched something. 'A paperclip. Huh. Worth a try.' Tony dropped it again and it created a 'ding' sound as it hit the floor.
____

Peter jumped a little and looked around. He then saw the paperclip, got up, and slowly walked towards it to pick it up. After inspecting it for a while, he looked up. He flinched really hard when he saw his dad's face being pressed against the bars.

"DA-" Peter's face lit up.

"Ssshhhhhh." Tony shushed his son.

"Sorry, how come you're here?" Peter whispered.

"Long story, I'll tell you once we get outta here." Tony explained.

"Okay." Peter nodded.

"Now, can you climb and help me get down?" Tony asked.

"I don't know." Peter looked at his hands. "They gave me suppressants, but I guess I'll give it a try." He pressed his hands to the wall, and surprisingly, it worked. For the first time ever since he got kidnapped, he smiled. He pulled the bars and it almost fell from his hands. That'll be a rookie mistake if that happens. 

Tony landed down stealthily and Peter crawled down and posed. "Now what?" Peter whispered. "Do you know how to pick a lock?" Peter nodded and started to pick the lock. Just in a few seconds, there's a click and the door opened. "Who taught you?" "Aunt Nat." Peter answered plainly.

Tony activated his suit as his son looked at him in awe. "Do I get a suit too?" The kid raised his eyebrow. "Sorry, kid. But I brought your spare web-shooters." Tony took out the device out of nowhere and gave it to Peter. "Ah, thanks dad, this will do. And there's the dagger, I can use that for self-defense. Again, aunt Nat taught me." Peter picked up the bloody dagger and wiped off the blood.

"Ready?"

"Ready!"