After changing to my Macy's uniform, I faced the mirror attached to my locker door. I combed my hair and put it into a high ponytail. Then, I applied some light make up before heading out to start my job.

I went to the counter where Reychel was sitting. "Macy's looking good, isn't it?" I asked her as I rested my body on the counter while examining the whole place. The staffs had artistically decorated the whole store with the Christmas theme designs. They even managed on making a huge tree at the heart of the store.

Reychel beamed at my comment as she nodded her head vigorously. "I know right! They made a pretty good job! And check out that huge tree at the center, it looks so fantastic!" she said appreciatively.

I nodded my head as well, affirming all of her compliments. "Indeed! I wondered why Ms. D didn't hold us last night to help them. But I guess they didn't need our help at all."

My best friend giggled. "Well, let's just be thankful we didn't get hold last night. We would've been here for hours, if we ever did."

"Ladies!" a female voice echoed to my ears. I turned around to face the person. It turned out to be our manager, Ms. Diane. "I'm sorry to interrupt your chatter. But the store is going to open in five minutes. It's time for you to go to work, don't you think?" Ms. Diane said with a mocking voice.

Reychel and I smiled as we both nodded our heads. "Yes, ma'am!" we both said in unison as we both sat on our respective chairs in the counter.

When the door to Macy's opened, and as expected, a lot of people began entering and buying stuffs in the department store. The morning went by and it was indeed busy as Christmas "feels" are already felt throughout the world.

Reychel and I ended up eating our lunch late at one o'clock. It wasn't a shock to the both of us though. We already expected it, especially at this time of the year. And to add on top of that, it was also Saturday.

Reychel sighed from beside me. I looked at her actions as she propped her right arm on the counter table and resting her chin on her palm. "I really wish we will have Christmas bonus," she whispered.

I laughed at her. "We can't wish any better than that, silly," I stated pinching her rosy cheeks.

She pried my hands off of her cheeks and sighed again. "Aren't you tired, Lex? I mean, we both know we're workaholic, but I kind of like, you know," she shrugged her shoulders. "Christmas season is tiring. I just want to have a little rest even in the weekends," she muttered.

A customer came towards us and Reychel's frown turned into a forced wide grin. "Good afternoon, ma'am," she greeted with a forced cheerful voice. She was indeed tired, I mean, we all are.

The customer placed her items on the counter and Reychel punched them in. While I on the other hand, placed the items on a bag.

When her items were ready to go, the customer left Reychel and I on the counter alone.

I placed my hand on Reychel's shoulder. "Don't get me wrong, because I am tired as well," I smiled. "But just have faith. We'll survive and have our rest soon," I said and jabbed her sides.

Reychel laughed with her head thrown back. "I really wish that."

The dark sky loomed outside as it was already past five o'clock. I looked at my wristwatch to check the time and it said 6:15. I sighed and said to myself, 'Fifteen minutes left and I can surrender to my bed'.

Most of the isles inside the store are deserted. Reychel and I looked around, studying if there are still some people roaming around the store.