Chapter 12 You are Mine and I Am Yours

"I now pronounce you King and Queen of Kaaden Falls," the Pope gently placed Blake's jeweled crown on his head as he kneeled before him. I watched as he accepted his great yet challenging responsibility graciously. His head bowed as he thanked the Pope and he lifted his head to gaze at me. We both stared into each others' eyes but I broke contact as I realized the Pope was coming towards me with my very own crown; it was small, compared to Blake's, but more than incredibly brilliant. I accepted it and bowed my head as I too was kneeled before him. As I thanked him I looked up to see that Blake was still admiring me. He took my hand into his own and he looked at me with the same look that I felt. Together we stood and I gathered my skirts with my free hand so as not to step on them. We both turned to face a grand room full of our peers and elders as they began to clap and joyously congratulate our union. Queen Anabelle came from wherever she had been to stand in front of me. "Congratulations Amelia and welcome to our family." She kissed me on either side of my cheeks and then my forehead and then she moved on to Blake. She sounded and looked as if she really meant it. I smiled in spite of myself. I did not hear everything that was said as she whispered in his ear but I believe I heard "I am so proud of you" and "Take care of her". He voiced "I will" before he looked at me with a look that made me want to shed my clothes for him right then and there. She kissed his cheek and walked away as she finally addressed the guests. But Blake was still looking at me like he was dying to do nothing more than take care of me. The intensity of his gaze frightened yet thrilled me as his eyes traveled down the length of my body. I had to suck in a bout of air. For I had forgotten, for a moment, to breathe. He brought his eyes back up to meet mine and he said, "Come". Even if he weren't holding my hand and guiding me to the dining hall after all the other guests I still would have followed close behind.

We had eaten, we had danced, and we all had laughed. I met every bit of Blake's family. I met the parents of Art and Adam as well as all the other parents of his cousins. I met Blake's grandparents, great grandparents, and the like. It was an absolutely fabulous evening and the icing on the cake was that it was all spent with my husband, my King. Now I was sitting at the vanity mirror in my new room. It was grander than the one I had slept in before and right across from Blake's new room. One of my servant girls was helping me get ready. It was time to consummate our marriage. And after all that I was prepared to do I was a nervous wreak. I had no idea how to pleasure this man. And I have never wanted to pleasure a man so much in my entire 17 years of life. But I do. I want him as much as I know he wants me tonight. The entire night he could not keep his hands off me. And now as I imagine what will happen now that we will soon be alone the inside of my thighs begin to heat. I am wearing a thin white nightgown and it is quite... transparent. In the mirror I can see my hard as rocks nipples as I admire and touch my beautiful new necklace. I had gotten it six days ago and I don't believe I will ever grow tired of admiring it. As Sabrina, my servant girl, brushes my hair I reminisce on how I got it.

I stared up at the high ceiling above my bed, still thinking of the mistakes and choices my family has made. I felt like crying the way I did a two months ago except I did it all over Blake's chest and clothes. He didn't seem to mind he just held me close and stroked my hair while we sat together in this very same bed. But I will not cry. Not anymore. I know how much Blake needs me to stay strong and ready even if he won't admit it. I just have to put it out of my mind for now and--. There is a knock at the door, pulling me from my thoughts and musings. I bolt upright in bed. "Come in," I call to the door and a second later it opens. Blake steps in and a frown lines his perfect features. "Are you all right Amelia?" He came into the room and sat down beside me. He brought his hand up to caress my face and I realized that a single tear had fallen from my eye as he gently wiped it away with his thumb. I smiled sweetly and reassured him that I was fine. He smiled back but I don't think he believed me. Thankfully, he left it at that. "Come." He grasped my hand and helped me to my feet. He led me to the floor length mirror and pulled me in front of him to stand. As I gazed at the boy and girl standing there I couldn't help but to notice how beautiful we looked together. He had his hands on either side of my arms as he stood behind me. He brought his head down to my left ear, never taking his eyes off of me in the mirror as I never took my eyes off him. "Close your eyes," he commanded so strong and sure that I could think of nothing I would love to do more than obey. I felt his right hand leave my right arm and I heard him reach into his pocket and then I felt my hair moved over to one side of my head. Something so cool and cold that I thought it was ice was placed between the cleavage of my breasts. It made me feel heavier. I felt Blake's finger tips brush the flesh of my breasts before his hands came to rest on my shoulders. "Open your eyes, love." I opened them to find that there was a pendant resting seductively between my breasts. I could tell from the shape and cut that it was a blue-green sapphire diamond just like Blake's eyes. I gasped as my hand flew to my neck to grasp it, to make sure it was actually there. I couldn't believe it. It must have cost him a quiet fortune to get this. "Blake what is this for," I asked as I turned in his arms to face him. "It is my betrothal gift to you. We are to be married in just one week's time. You know this." Oh my. I did, I did know. I had completely forgotten. Now I was close to breaking down in tears. "I am so sorry Blake. I do not have a gift with which to give to you. I--" I was interrupted by him cupping either side of my face as he looked deep into my eyes, silencing me, simply, with the intensity of his gaze, "You listen to me and you take heed to my words. You are and always will be my gift in this life. I will never need anything else except for you and the family we will create together. Do you understand me, Amelia?" I nodded my head "yes" for the words would not come. My hands were shaking as I balled up a sizeable amount of his shirt into my fists and pulled him into my body as I kissed him.