Belief (Chapter 17)

~~CLAY'S POV~~

He only could manage to stare at the brunet when the question was asked.

Why should he love his parents? And why did he love them?

Clay stayed silent as George stared at him.

" Well they spend their resources and time on me, so it's only reasonable for me to-" Dream paused though. 

They did support him, right? Mother always did it for his sake. She wasn't selfish. 

But then again, all her words were empty. She never really told me sweet words unless something had happened that she didn't like.

Clay didn't know what he felt for his parents to be completely honest.

They raised him to be perfect, having no free will, and being completely obedient.

A quick slap and some harsh words would always put down any revolt he had. 

His sister was seen as a failure by them, they eventually cut ties with her since they ere afraid she would affect him.

They wanted a perfect vassal, a son they could raise to the things they couldn't do. 

They didn't love...him.

He was living in his own dream the entire time.

~~GEORGE'S POV~~

Watching Dream slowly have a revelation, George stretched out his fingers, placing his hand lightly on Dream's cheek.

" Do they love you Dream?" George asked again softly. Dream stared at George before placing his hand over George's. 

" No...they don't," Dream whispered, as George pulled him into a hug.

Dream smelled nice. A scent of coconut wavered, giving George a sense of relief.

Realizing what was happening, George quickly broke away a pink tint rising in his cheeks.

" A-anyways, what do you want to do?" George asked. Dream gave a thoughtful look before shaking his head.

" I don't want to stay here any longer, but I doubt Wilbur will let me be a bum at his house again..." Dream lightly chuckled.

" Well, my door is always open to you if you want. My Aunt won't mind." George offered. Dream stared at George before giving him a grin.

" I'll take up the offer. Thank you, George, for everything really." Dream said as he got up from the bed to collect his stuff.

" Don't stress, it's what any friend would do." 

~~DARRYL'S POV~~

Staring at the batch of cupcakes, Darryl smiled. 

Darryl was trying a new recipe for cupcakes, Zak had asked for butterscotch flavored cupcakes for his mother's birthday.

So of course, Darryl made some room in his busy schedule to test out some recipes, he finally was happy.

Boxing up six of the cupcakes, he wrapped a ribbon around it. Darryl didn't usually do it, but it was for his soulmate's mom so he made an exception.

Wondering what to do with the rest of the cupcakes he smiled.

Putting the rest of them in a take-out box he went on his way. 

" Dude! Thanks!" Spifey and Nick smiled as they grabbed one of his cupcakes. Spifey somehow managed to steal Nick's and the two started arguing with each other.

Darryl lightly laughed at their banter before visiting some of his other friends.

" Did you poison it?" Dave asked causing Wilbur who was right next to him to laugh.

" No?" Darryl gave the pink haired boy a questioning look.

" Is there a sharp thing that will destroy me from the inside out?" Dave questioned as he narrowed his eyes at the cupcakes.

" No-" Darryl started to say.

" For gods fucking sake! Just take it!" Wilbur shouted as he laughed harder.

Dave shrugged as he took one, not biting into it though. Happy with the exchange, Darryl waved at the duo and left to go look for George and Dream.

<///////////////////>

Words: 620

Edited

A/N

AHhhhHhHHHh, POGGERS!

also 252 reads when I was working on my homework, :D

thank you guys for actual taking some interest in my book-

And thank you @bit___  and @itsmesuki for destroying my poor notifications lmao-