Chapter Two

Hugo's POV

Hugo sat on his bed and checked his phone. It was a rough night last night. He ended up applying a couple more times then working a night shift at the store. I'm fifteen. I gotta raise enough money to go to college.

After breakfast he went to school, and for once, he wasn't late. He rushed up to Anaya and ruffled up her hair. "Hey meanie!" She said, shaking away his hand.

"You ready for today?" He asked. "Yeah. I hope I got in. I've been applying for two years." He smiled when he saw the determination in her eyes. She's so cute when she's happy.

She closed her locker and looked at him. "So when's the assembly?" She asked. "At lunch." He told her. "Aww man! We gotta skip lunch?!" The bluenette complained. Hugo laughed a bit.

"They'll do it while we're eating lunch." He told her. "Oh." She said. She did a small fist pump in the air when she thought he wasn't looking. She shouldn't get her hopes up though.

Jose walked up to the two. "Someone's happy." She said, looking at Anaya. "Can you blame me? Today's the day we find out who's going. And in three days we leave for space." Anaya said.

"Well first you have to meet the other people." Hugo reminded her. "I know." Anaya said. Lily walked up to them. "I just hope there isn't an accident like that one thirty years ago." His cousin said.

Anaya's POV

"Hopefully." She said. Hugo just looked back and forth at the two, confused. "What happened?" He asked. "You don't know?" Josie asked. Hugo shook his head.

"I'm surprised you don't. Your parents were part of it." Anaya said. Hugo still looked confused. "Well they never talked about it. Or told me." He said.

"It was bad. Fifteen went on the trip and only four came out." Josie said. "W-What happened?" He asked nervously. "Apparently one of the people went crazy and decided to try and kill everyone. Adrien, Marinette and Kagami made it out alive." Lily explained.

"My mom told me all about that. Said the guy who went crazy is still in prison." Anaya said. "Well hopefully no one goes crazy this time." Hugo said.

"Yeah. They have a ritual to make sure it doesn't happen again." Anaya said. "What is it?" Hugo asked.

"Every year they check to see if you have a criminal record. Then your bag gets checked to make sure there's no weapons." Anaya explained.

"And they upgraded security. Cameras are put outside the rooms, the hallways have three cameras each and there's an emergency button in case something happens." Lily said.

"That's good." Hugo said. The bell rang for class. "I'll see you guys at lunch." Anaya said before leaving. The others waved bye and she rushed to class.

Josie's POV

Josie sat in her desk and could hardly pay attention. What if the same thing happens again? Would someone actually do that again? What if Anaya gets hurt? Or one of us gets killed in our sleep?

At lunch she sat next to Anaya and across from Hugo and Lily. "So do we have a plan if we get chosen?" Lily asked. "Yeah. We'll stay the night at Anaya's place since she lives closer to the airport." Hugo explained.

"And on the plane we have to get enough sleep. It's a nine hour flight from here to the space station and we have to get up early." Anaya continued.

A blonde haired boy walked over. "Maybe you'll be with me on the flight." Jackson commented. Lily pretend to barf, Hugo glared at him and Josie just made a disgusted face.

Anaya gagged. "No thanks. No one wants to be near you with that fish smell." She said. Nicky laughed as she walked over. "Why don't you go hit the showers before I hit you with a bat." She said.

Like a coward, Jackson left and Nicky sat down. "So I applied for the trip. Thought it might be fun." She said giving a small, and quick, glance at Lily. Those two would be cute together.

"So the announcement should be given soon." Hugo said. And with that, five phones buzzed. Josie looked at it and smiled. I got in!

She looked over at Anaya smiling, Hugo letting out a "Hell Ya!", Nicky high fiving Lily, automatically knowing Lily got in. "So it's settled then? Tomorrow we stay over at Anaya's and then we leave?" Nicky said.

The others nodded. A red headed boy walked over. "You guys got in too?" He asked. Nico's shy. This is the first time he talked to us. Or anyone really. "Yeah. We'll see you at the airport." Anaya said.

"Alright. Um, Jackson got in too. I know how much you guys hate him." Nico said. Nicky laughed. "Hate's a strong word. It's the right word but still." Anaya said.

"Is it alright if I come over tomorrow?" Nico asked. "Sure!" Anaya said. I almost forgot they're cousins. "Make sure to stuff things in your pockets. Anaya's got good snacks all over the place." Nicky advised Lily. "And that's what I get for telling her my snack stashes." Anaya said.

And this is the second chapter. We find out that there was an imposter years ago, which I will write later, and now we know who gets in. PS; Jackson's a jerk.