2. Funfair For Two. (RiRi)

Start from the beginning

The act doesn't go unnoticed by Seri who suppresses a smile.

“Wahh...Jeong Hyeok-ssi, this is,” at a loss of words, she lets her body language do the talking— from there onwards, it is not difficult for the ex military captain to confirm just how excited she was. The whole place is decorated with bright lights illuminating every possibly corner their eyes can see. Flashes of various colours paint the small stalls of either food or souvenirs up for grabs that have been set up. As the couple walks through the vast plane, hand in hand, their sight lands on several different cotton candy stalls and photo booths— making Seri a mental note to come by for a picture later.

Laughter of children rings in her ears and she finds herself drowning in the melancholic view the sight presents her on a golden platter. From the cheerful smiles of people descending from the ferris-wheel, to the glum faces of folks coming out of the haunted house; Seri decides that she already loves everything about this place. Hues of gold and white dance around her in sheer delight, her eyes are as radiant as ever.

"So where do you want to go first?” Jeong Hyeok breaks her out of her train of thought. He has the most handsome smile on his face and Seri wonders how did she get so lucky with him? What were the odds of a pianist and an assistant fashion designer meeting at her company dinner when he was scheduled to play that day for the grand event? Seri had never believed in a god or deity all her life but when her gaze had settled on Jeong Hyeok for the first time in the dark hall illuminated just by his presence, it was like he had been handpicked by god himself for her.

“I'll wait for you at the pirate boat, don't forget to bring cotton candy!” Jeong Hyeok chuckles at his girlfriend's actions, trying not to show any emotion at the word pirate boat.

He shakes his head before blowing her a kiss and going off to get what she's asked for. While Seri patently waits in line, admiring the vibrant spheres moving in thin air with her lips parted, Jeong Hyeok makes his way towards her, catching her off guard by using two fingers to push her jaw close.

Slightly embarrassed, she faces him, the smile on her face is unmatched upon getting a hold of the cotton candy on his hand. As expected, she urges him to eat some too, as also expected, she shoves some in his mouth when he declines repeatedly. “I'll kiss you more if you taste sweet.” she had winked at him only for Jeong Hyeok to remain expressionless for a while until he took a bite of the soft cloud on his own.

Ri Jeong Hyeok doesn't remember the last time he has screamed this much. Maybe when his older brother had put a toy spider on his shoulder when he was eight, yes, definitely that. But he knows this, that now, at the age of 37, he must be the only man to have screamed on a pirate boat. He is thankful of Seriʼs presence, and also embarrassed at the same time, for she gets to not only be his anchor on this crazy ride that literally does a full 90 degrees (though he was dead sure it might have been a little more than that) in air, but also gets to witness a an ex military captain scream his lungs out.

“Don't say it.” he warns her, trying to steady himself against the steel railing as they make their way out. Seriʼs lips curl inwards at the mere mention of it. “I mean it, don't you dare say anything about it.” when she breaks into a smile instead of complying with his words, all he can do is throw up his hands in surrender, walking ahead of her like a child who has been refused his favorite candy. “That's it. I'm breaking up with you.” He jokes.

Seri is by his side in an instant. Her fingers curling around his bicep to drag him down to meet his eyes. She has the most adorable pout on her face and Jeong Hyeok can not hell but kiss her then and there. “Just kidding. How can I ever say no to that face?” his words hold the promise of a lifetime, she doesn't know but he does. The moment he had first seen her, Jeong Hyeok had always known somewhere in the back of his heart, that she was going to be his undoing. The one he would want to grow old with, the one he'd want to be the mother of his children, the face he wanted to see the first thing he woke up on a lousy Sunday morning, the lips he wanted to kiss under a the starry blanket of the sky, the hands he wanted to hold in cold December mornings and the smile he wanted to see for the years to come.