Chapter 11 - Learning Magic

Start from the beginning

Subaru: "That wasn't correcting yourself! You're never out of character, are you? And why is Y/n involved in this?"

Ram: "Well, isn't it obvious? The more you can do, the less I have to do. And when I have less to do, so does Rem. It's win-win. Also, the last question is irrelevant to your studies."

Subaru: "But that leaves me with piles of work!"

***

So now we were both focusing on studying. I took out a notebook with me so that I can write some notes. Having a free tutor is a rare chance, and I won't let it go easily.

Ram: "We'll start off with the basic i-glyphs. After you master them, we'll move to ro-glyphs and ha-glyphs."

Subaru: "There are three different types? Just hearing that is depressing..."

Y/n: "Subaru, this is going to be hard, but I believe in you. For now."

Subaru: "Thanks, I guess?"

Looking down, I could see that he wrote some words from our old country. It said 'Natsuki Subaru On the scene!!' What's that supposed to mean?

Ram: "You don't have time to waste on doodles. Tomorrow's an early start, so time's short. I'm sleepy, too."

Subaru: "I can't say I dislike how you insert your own feelings at the end, Senpai."

Ram: "I do believe honesty is my most charming feature. Now, let's begin."

For the rest of the time, we've spent it on writing the i-glyphs correctly repeatedly. I wrote the meaning of it to Japanese in case Subaru doesn't understand it.

Subaru: "It's so monotonous, I feel a Gestaltzerfall phenomenon coming on... But still, even if it's to make your life easier, it makes me happy. Honestly, I had a feeling you didn't like me much.

Y/n: "Subaru."

Subaru: "And I'll probably cause more problems for you down the line.

Y/n: "Subaru."

Subaru: "But I'll try to become useful as soon as I can."

Y/n: "Subaru."

Subaru: "What, Y/n?"

Y/n: "Be quiet, she's asleep."

I said, pointing at the sleeping figure of Ram. Subaru seemed very annoyed and angry as he snapped the quill in half.

***

I have been thinking of what Ram said to me yesterday while we were studying. I didn't know if I should continue working while studying or just focusing on studying alone, so I've asked Rem and Emilia for guidance.

Rem: "If my sister says so, then there's no doubt it would be best for you."

Emilia: "Well, I think it's best if you choose what you think is right. But, if you were to only focused on studying, I wouldn't mind teaching you."

I even went to ask Subaru, who said that I should just choose it for myself. In the end, I chose only to focus on studying as Roswaal seemed to be happy about my decision and support it.

So that's how my study life begins on the second day of my life here at the Rosawaal's mansion.

Knocking on the door, I waited patiently for it to be open. When it did, a beautiful silver-haired figure behind the door was there.

Emilia: "Hello there, Y/n, are you ready for our studies session's together?"

Y/n: "Emilia-san, I'm still nervous about this decision, but I will do my best!"