Chapter 1: The Beginning

**Unknown POV**

I was so wasted. The loud music, people taking, glasses shattering were all an annoyance to my sensitive ears. I stood up with a loud groan as my whole world seemed to tip in every direction. I stumbled around looking for a more quite place to rest. After wandering around the whole first level of the house; there was no luck. Slowly, I dragged my feet up the stairs trying not to lose my balance or fall flat on my face.Damn, wearing 6-inch stellitoes was not a good idea for tonight,I thought.

A few hours ago when I had left for the party, looking as hot as possible sounded like a good idea but now all I wanted was to slap the shit out of any guy that tried to talk to me. My plan for the night had not worked.Im such a failure.This bet was going ot haunt me forever. I was going to lose my whole status, friends and probably respect but right now I could care less since I felt ready to collpase. I carried my feet up the last set of stairs and wandered off drunklily trying to find a bed. Room after room I checked but they were all occupied. There were kids making out, having sex, or passed out in most of the bedrooms. The end of the hall got nearer but I had to find someplace to rest where I knew that some guy wouldnt come up to me and try to take me home and "help me." I came to the last door; my hand twisted the knob to the next door looked inside and froze not knowing if it was from the excitement or alcohol.Finally,I thought,my last chance to win the bet.

5 Months Before

**Jennifer's POV**

My calves were burning. My feet sank an inch or two every time they pounded on the beach sand. This gave my legs an extra soreness, but i didnt really notice it anymore. These long runs was the only time I allowed myself to think about my father. I remember the good times like when he brought home a little charm bracelet with charms like ice cream, running shoes, the moon, a beach, and finally there was a heart shaped locket withLove, Dadengraved on the inside. I thought back to the bad times when he pratically threatened my boyfriend after he took me home five minutes after my curfew. And then me yelling at him after. Even with all the memories he still decided to leave my mom and I for a slut half his age with all the money he had ever deamed about.

~Flashback~ My head shot up from my peaceful sleep when I heard the sudden slamming of the door. Not wanting to wake my mom and dad up I slowly creeped out of bed and sunck down the stairs. Waitt...what if some crazy axe murder was downstairsI foolishly thought to myself. My hands involuntary snatched a picture from the wall and my feet kept taking me down the steps. My eyes adverted to the fornt door and found that it was locked.huh...thats weird...I knew that I had heard something. I kept inching my way throughout the house and soon found out that no one had broken in. My eyes looked up and saw that I was still holding the picture above my head ready to smash it into someones skull if they had suddenly jumped me. I could feel my blush rising up to my cheeks and gently sat the picture on the kitchen counter. I small piece of paper caught my eye as it fluttered to the ground. Quickly I snatched it up and my eyes curiously scanned the page.

Dear my little Jenny,

I will always love you but I think it is time that I left. I feel out of place in this family and I know that I haven't been the best father figure. So I thought it was best if I left before I caused any serious damage to you and you mother.

I will ALWAYS love you,

DAD.

After taking a minute to comprehend what this meant, my feet collpased from under me and I completely blacked out. My ears heard my mother running downstairs while sobbing the whole time. She carried me to the couch and checked to make sure I was ok. ~Flashback ends~