Endangered Health Part 5

Start from the beginning

In love, yes, but also in Percy's eyes. The eyes are the window to the soul. Leo, a broken soul, has always been quite good at reading people. He feels pride whenever he looks into Percy's eyes. The once shattered windows are but a few cracks, the delicate blooms of affection bright.

One minute, Leo is looking down at Percy tiredly, the next, a pair of warm lips are pressing against his lightly.

Leo smiles down at Percy, his vision still hazy as he fights against sleep.

His mind was still stuck in his little dream world.

Next to him, Will looks pouty and Leo finds himself leaning in to kiss his lips too.

He expects to see them kiss to, not to stare at him with such devotion that makes him want to cry.

Will's hand is on Percy's stomach now, a gentle caress.

Leo takes this as his chance to direct the attention onto somebody else, only to fail miserably as Percy moves to straddle his hips.

Their mornings are weird, chaotic, but Leo wouldn't change a thing.

At breakfast, the triad found themselves surrounded by their closest friends.

Percy was currently sat on Nico's lap, Nico's hands wrapped protectively around his friend's stomach.

Will had somehow found himself in Jason's lap, Jason having insisted he 'wanted a pretty omega in his lap too'.

The comment had had everyone at the table laughing, if only slightly hysterically.

The Romans had come to visit so that they could talk over plans for the oncoming battle. And so Leo had somehow ended up in Hazel's lap, glad that things were no longer weird between him and his ex.

Leo grunted annoyed, wanting to find out who had been kicking him for the past five minutes.

"Whoever that is, can you stop."

Everyone at the table paused, turning to stare at Leo confused.

At their bewildered expressions, Leo elaborated.

"Someone keeps kicking me."

Everyone looked over at Nico when they heard him laugh, spotting Percy with his face hidden in the alpha's neck.

"I told you it wouldn't work, Perce."

Percy made a loud humph noise as he buried his head further into his friend's neck.

Nico laughed again, subconsciously rubbing small circles into Percy's stomach with his thumb.

"He's been trying to get your attention for the past, what, ten minutes?" At Percy's nod, he continued. "It was hilarious. You should have seen his face. He was pulling that concentrated expression he always does when he's really focused."

Will frowned, feeling slightly mad at Nico.

"And you couldn't tell me? How is it fair that only you got to see it?"

Leo's eyebrows were furrowed, trying to figure out what they meant. He gasped dramatically once he finally figured it out.

"What? That's so not fair."

Nico just smirked, now resting his head on the top of Percy's as he pulled the older boy closer.

"What face was he pulling?"

It was Rachel who answered Jason's question, having sat with them to discuss plans.

"He gets this really cute expression on his face when he's concentrated. Like his eyebrows furrow and he sticks his tongue out and everything."

As she spoke, Will and Leo nodded along wildly, now trying to coax Percy away from Nico.

When Percy finally moved his head from the crook of Nico's neck, his face was a bright pink colour, a pout on his lips.

"Hate you all. Was just trying to get Leo's attention. That's not cute."

Everyone nodded, pretending to agree with what he said. When he returned to eating his food, his head down, they all looked at each other and shook their heads.

Percy jumped as thunder rumbled across the sky, pulling both Will and Leo closer to him.

He was still shaking slightly, despite Will and Leo's additional body heat. Even with two blankets over the top of them, he continued to shiver.

He wasn't cold, there really was no reason for him to be.

But each strike of lightning made him want to curl up, made him want to cease existing.

They'd heard from Hermes that Annabeth was up on Olympus, scheming.

Apparently the current storm was meant as a warning, as proved by the electricity flowing through the sky.

Will whimpered, shuffling closer to Percy. It made no difference except pushing them even closer into each other.

Even though he wasn't a child of one of the big three - not Zeus, of course - the storm still scared Will. Leo too was scared, his body cuddled as close as physically possible to Percy's back.

A small throw blanket was curled around the three of them, giving no room for unwanted space between them.

The blanket had originally been wrapped around them for them to clutch onto, however they abandoned that in favour of gripping onto each other.

Due to their close proximity, Percy's shaking caused the other two to jerk slightly, gulping and squeezing the hand interlaced with the other's.

The sight was heartbreaking, the three omegas whimpering and whining despite their best efforts.

Will's breath came out in shaky puffs, none of his, usually, effective breathing methods proving useful.

Leo's hand - the one not intertwined with Will's - kept dancing from Percy's hair to Will's in a constant rhythm, unable to stay still due to his unease.

The action usually proved to soothe the two of them, yet this time, it only spiked their own unease further.

At a particularly loud clap of thunder, Percy's hands darted to his stomach, his breathing heavy.

He wanted to bring his knees up to his chest but couldn't as he was currently laying chest to chest with Will.

Noting Percy's mental struggle, Will pressed himself closer, the hand not entwined with Leo's moving to lightly touch Percy's stomach.

Percy hated this, hated Annabeth. He spent so many years blindly following her and this is where it got him.

The only good thing to come out of his situation was his lovely mates and his unborn child. So in a way, he guessed he had to thank Annabeth.

And then show her what pain - pain she invoked upon him - feels like.

On the topic of his unborn child, Percy couldn't help but wonder if maybe Annabeth actually was pregnant. Not with his child - she physically couldn't be - but with someone else's. Some strong alpha, gentle beta, or sweet omega. Someone who wasn't Percy.

Percy's lovers were unable to comfort him, to stop his racing thoughts. They wished, so badly, to do something. To be useful. But then there was another clap of thunder, another strike of lightning that lit up the room, and they were gone.

They could just hope that, in the long run, they truly can be the strong force they know they are. That when it came down to it, they could come out of this battle safely. Coming out victorious, successful, was the last thing on their list. All they wanted was to live through this new threat.

Okay, so this is the last of this little series, sorry. I am however working on turning it into a book so don't worry!