Agni leans on the passenger seat, stretching her hands while crosses her legs on the seat.

"That was a bad idea!" I say and looks over my shoulder to Dev, who sits in the back seat and currently under a shock.

"There wasn't much of a choice. Besides, Bratati is much better rider than me."

That was an insane plan. Bratati riding in her full wedding attire while carrying Angshu behind her to his own house makes the situation a complete out of the picture.

I put my head in my hands, "I can't believe it. I let this happen."

She giggles and my eyes looks up to her while my face still hangs between my hands.

"It's not a bad thing. They will reach in time. Don't worry." She pats on my face and both of us froze and the song start 'Ek mai or ek tu, dono mile is tarah... Aur jo tanman me ho raha hai, yeh to hona hi tha...' on the radio as a bad electricity runs through us and she moves away her hands, avoiding my stare.

I straighten up as well and she brings out her phone and calls someone. I try to peek but could not see.

"Hey, Daud. I'm almost there. Just the traffic jam..."

Daud? Who's that? Daud Ibrahim?

She hangs up and says, "Stop at Parkstreet."

"Where will you go?"

"Just meeting a friend."

****

The traffic is subsided and I start the engine and both Dev's and my phone rings at the same time. We both freeze in our place and my throat becomes dry.

Shit!

"Hey mom..." I could not continue as she goes on and on about how bad the idea is. However, at the end, she says, "They reach at the exact time and the rituals are complete."

"That's a good news, I guess."

"That's not a good news! How could you let a girl ride in heavy clothes?" Her scream can be heard three inches away from my phone and I haven't even put the speaker on.

"You said that it was important otherwise she'll become a bad omen! How can I make that happen?" I shout and she stops screaming.

"I'm coming alright!" I say and hangs up.

Dev looks at me with a frown, "I'm so gonna be in trouble."

I nod.

I park the car beside the footpath at Parkstreet where flyovers run above our heads and beneath it, yellow ambassadors hurrying to their destination along with a crazy crowd of people. Police sergeants petrols with their bullets in their 'Scotland yard' dresses and behind us, a fuchkawala is calling out to its customers. In the horde of heads, blaring horns and rushing people and vehicles, his voice reaches us. Agni leaves the car.

Both Dev and I go behind her to see who's this Daud? What I have expected to see a turban wearing, long beard man instead I find a fair man with unshaven beard and glasses. He isn't tall like us but he appears as a charming character.

"Long time no see!" he says.

"Yes! How have you been?" Agni asks with a smile.

"Well, not much! I broke up with my girlfriend and again back to square one," then his eyes fell on both of us and a car passes by in which *Salman Khan's 'Bodyguard! Bodyguard!' is playing.

He hasn't noticed us, and as soon as he do, he asks, "Who are they?"

"They are my friends and family members of my sister's in laws. Royal guests."