I Miss You, I'm So Sorry

Kaelyn's Perspective

We were at the next show. The guys were hanging out with Cute and some other people before they had to go on, but I snuck away to the van to call Lisa to tell her everything that had transpired yesterday.

"Hey Kaelyn!" She said when she picked up.

"Hey Lis. You sound happy, are you feeling better?" I asked.

She laughed. "Yes, much better, thank you! What's up? How's the tour? Are you with Zack yet?"

"Well, I am, but--"

She squealed. "I knew it! I knew it! Tell me everything!"

"But first I have to tell you something about Alex," I said.

"Okay..."

"He told me he likes me," I said.

She just sighed.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I knew," she said.

"What do you mean you knew? Like you got a vibe or something?" I asked.

"No, I mean, Alex and I talked about it when you were in the ER, when we weren't sure you were gonna be okay. I pulled him aside and dragged it out of him," she said.

"Why didn't either of you tell me?" I asked.

She sighed again. "I told him he should tell you when things settled down, but clearly he didn't hear me."

"But you got back together with him last spring," I said.

"Yeah, I did. And we talked about it before that and he swore he was over you," she said.

"So he lied to both of us," I said, wanting nothing more than to hit him right now.

"I don't think he lied. I think he's been denying his feelings and...trying to distract himself with me," she said.

"I'm so sorry, Lis. If I'd known, I never would've set you guys up that first time, I swear," I said.

"I know. It's not your fault," she said. "But I feel like I can't blame Alex either. He tried to be good to me, he really did. I just...wasn't who he wanted."

"I'm sorry, Lis," I said again.

"It's okay. Now tell me about Zack!" She said.

I sighed. "Well, I've been dropping hints that I like him, but he didn't really pick up on it. Then the other night, All-American Rejects invited us to party with them--"

"No way! They're amazing. Were the guys excited?" She asked.

"Totally. That's the most sober I've seen Alex at a party because he was too busy flipping out over Tyson Ritter," I said.

"Is he really that cute in person?" She asked.

"Honestly, I didn't see much of him. Alex was pretty much glued to him the whole night," I said.

Lisa giggled. "So then what happened with Zack?"

"Well. I stepped off the bus to get away from the party for a bit and he was sitting by himself, so I went over. I don't really remember it because I was so wasted, but we talked and then I kissed him--"

Lisa gasped. "Oh my god! Go on, go on."

"But he gently pushed me off and said he didn't want to do anything I might regret," I said.

"Good boy," she said.

"Anyway, I got mad and stormed off. Alex had to stop me from giving myself alcohol poisoning apparently," I said.