"I do, actually."

"No worries. Come on up!"

Isaac did exactly that, making his way to her apartment door. He only had to wait a few more minutes before Cassie finally appeared. She had a wide smile on her face and was practically bouncing with joy as she stood.

"Hey, Isaac! I'm so happy to see you!"

"Yeah? Well, I need to be honest— I'm not happy to see you."

Cassie's smile disappeared in a flash. She suddenly went still as her eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"You crossed the line the other night, Cassie," Isaac explained. "Actually, come to think of it, you've crossed the line more than a few times. I've tried hard— and I mean really hard— to not lose my cool at you. I thought I've made it crystal clear to you many times that I'm not interested in you whatsoever."

"Well...yeah, but—"

"So, you do listen when I talk," Isaac interjected.

"Of course I do," Cassie said in a slow voice. "Why would you think otherwise?"

"Because no matter how many times I've told you that I don't love you and don't want to be with you, you refuse to accept the truth. I feel like you just won't listen to me, and it's frustrating as hell!" Isaac exclaimed.

Cassie bit her lip but didn't respond. That allowed Isaac to continue ranting away.

"I'm with Lexi now— deal with it! I don't care if it hurts you to hear this, but I'm happy with her. I'm honestly, truly happy with Lexi! Whether you like that or not doesn't fucking matter! You're not my girlfriend anymore, Cassie; Lexi is. You need to accept it and move on with your own Goddamn life!"

"Are you sure?" Cassie asked.

Isaac scoffed. "You're unbelievable— absolutely unbelievable! Yes, I'm sure. Not that I owe you an answer in the first place, but yes, I'm sure about it. I care a lot about Lexi. We have a healthy, good relationship."

"And your parents?"

"They're my problem, not yours. Which reminds me— did you actually contact them? Did they tell you about their thoughts on Lexi?"

Cassie nodded. "I didn't prompt them to tell me that," she added in a rush. "They just told me about it. I get that you might not believe me, but you're more than welcome to confirm it with them. I have nothing to hide."

Again, Isaac scoffed. "How dare you?! Even if they did prompt you and told you all that shit without you even asking about it, rubbing it in mine and Lexi's face was totally uncalled for— and you fucking know it! I'd like to say that I can't believe you'd stoop so low just to win me back. But at this point, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you would do such a thing."

"But—"

"Don't even try to justify yourself," Isaac interrupted. "You don't have a freaking leg to stand on. Let me make myself as clear as possible, Cassie— I do not want to be with you ever again. You need to deal with it and leave us the fuck alone. Got it?"

Cassie glanced down at the floor but looked back up a moment later. "Yes."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

Despite hearing those two words leave Cassie's mouth, Isaac still wasn't completely sure if he believed her. But he was through with his vicious rant. He had said everything that he'd wanted to get off his chest for months now. He needed to go find Lexi as soon as possible.

Lexi's Love & WarOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara