Ability: To Kill a Mockingbird

•––––––☆––––––•

I'm tough

I'm ambitious

I know exactly what I want

If that makes me a bitch, Okay!

-Madonna

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

"Here we are!", Mori bellowed in the echoing halls. Servants were running around madly hoping to keep the place up to his standards even though the gigantic mansion looked spotless.

Y/n was in utter shock upon arriving at such an abode. She didn't expect a doctor to make so much capital. She gasped at the sight and followed Elise and Mori around to familiarize with her new home, which any abandoned person would agree that it was more than enough.

She kept eyeing each and every crook and cranny of the house making a mental note to plan out a map for the place. Mori kept on striding through the eerie and noiseless hallways with Elise hot on his tail.

Suddenly he stopped at a room's door with 'Y/n L/n' written on it. Her new family sidestepped with a cheeky smile on their faces allowing the girl to open the door. As soon as she did, she was not surprised to meet a very spacious room with her favourite colour painted on the wall.

The only sound heard was the clicking of Mori's low heel boots against the wooden floor. Her bedroom seemed perfect like those in fairy-tales.

She softly turned around and abruptly ran towards Mori embracing him with her short arms. His eyes widened visibly by her movements but he didn't mind reciprocating. He immediately wrapped his arms around her short and small frame, loosening an arm to beckon Elise to join the gesture of pure gratefulness.

They stood there for quite some time, enjoying the lavender-jasmine essence of the room, easing into each other's touch. Mori soon let go with a very fatherly smile on his face as he crouched down and kissed the girls foreheads. He gave a last smile until he walked out of the room with no further instructions for Y/n. She stood there in an uncomfortable silence with the young blond girl.

"Rintarō will call us for dinner afterwards, till then we can play in my room!", She suggested in her usual squeaky and enthusiastic voice.

Y/n, suddenly energetic, agreed. Elise grinned madly and grabbed the older girl's hand, dragging her to her room. It wasn't that far away, to be honest, it was right across the hall. Elise let go of Y/n's hand and reached for the doorknob, opening it skillfully.

Elise skipped joyfully towards her bed and plopped onto it. Her room was far more different than Y/n's. Elise's room was utterly pink with little white butterflies plastered onto the four walls, the ceiling was as boringly white as ever, the bed was tiny with a crown-shaped headrest, the room even had a large window (without curtains) extending from wall to wall giving a complete view of the city as the sunset. The little girl impatiently patted the spot next to her on the bed, gesturing for the, now claimed, orphan to sit down.

Y/n did just that when Elise held the girl's hand in hers once again but this time for a different reason. Elise made Y/n to stare directly into her eyes, which was thoroughly creepy. Y/n sat there frozen by her behaviour, but she didn't argue. She continued staring into her sapphire blue eyes finding herself in a very sophisticated thought process.