Strangers...

Evening came faster than Jonathan had hoped for. He was not ready yet, but he figured he would not ever be ready for this. He had to go to the Shadow market, where he hadn't stepped for almost five years.

It was a nightmare, there was a chance that no one would recognize him there but he still couldn't take that risk.

There was a potion in the bag he had brought. His father had given it to him for emergencies. It would cloud his appearance to others, he had only used it before once.

This also means he has to wait for the potion to wear off before coming back.

It was five p.m. and the London city was covered in dark clouds. Very usual for London. He wore black clothes, a baseball cap and had a bag on his shoulder.

He exited the hotel in a hurry so, no one would catch him.

He hated lying to Kiara but he had no other choice. He had to get runed weapons as well as normal weapons.

He was on the way to the shadow market, it was hidden to the mundane eye to them it would look like a dead end street but to people with sight like Shadowhunters or Downworlders it would be a market they could all have access to. However usually Shadowhunters were not welcomed in the market.

He had a feeling someone was following him, he had to take some action. He took out a blade from his belt strap. He turned to see there were two big demons behind him. The whole street was deserted so, he could easily attack the demons.

They were Raveners not really smart but are really savage hunters. Someone wanted to kill him okay maybe not him specifically but Shadowhunters and well he smells like a Shadowhunter.

He activated the blade by calling an Angel's name "Gabriel" he said and the blade lit up. The demons took a step back but he knew they will not retreat.

He sprinted towards them and they also ran to him, he tackled the first one and jabbed the blade in his stomach and in a second he zapped out of existence in the dimension. The second one charged at him and Jonathan dodged him and came at him from behind and jabbed the blade on his back, soon he was gone too.

He cleaned his blade of the demon ichor and continued his journey to the market, oblivious to the fact that someone had been watching him.

-

Kiara didn't remember sleeping but it was really uncomfortable. Her nightmares now were increasing she had to clear her mind so she decided to go for shopping and distract herself.

She was wearing Jonathan's sweat shirt again and his faded blue jeans. His clothes were very comfortable she had to agree.

Jonathan had left before her waking up, but he had left some cash. She thought he had done it because he didn't want to follow her, which was true she did want to follow him but she didn't.

She was aware he had confidence in her because he had asked her to be backup for him. She was sure he would not do anything she wouldn't approve of.

"Hello darling, How are you?" someone said from behind her, She was in the corridor waiting for the lift to come up. She saw it was the hotel's owner. She was wearing a sequences rainbow top and blue ripped jeans.

"Hi Holly, I am good. You?"

"I am fine honey. I was just coming to see you both." Holly said.

"Oh. Jonathan left he had some work and I was going for some shopping." Kiara explained and an idea popped in her mind "Would you like to come with me." she asked.

"Are you sure? I mean I have great fashion sense no doubt but do you want company?" She asked softly. It had been so long Kiara had friends or any body to spend time with, it was a little lonely. She wouldn't mind some company right now.