isn't it lovely?

"  sometimes, home has a heartbeat. "
— beau taplin

 "— beau taplin

____

FLASHBACK - no specific date, but before mary anne and spencer were "together"

"i swear i'm going to marry her theo.." spencer gushed, as they watched mary anne ramble to blake about god knows what.

it was an evening at the rossi mansion, everyone was slightly tipsy including spencer.

mary anne was sober just so she could drive the two home safely.

"are you alright there?" theo asked with a laugh, noticing how slightly off spencer was, the blame being the alcohol in his system.

"yeah i uh.. i did something yesterday.."

theo furrowed his eyebrows, "what'd you do man?"

"i bought a ring."

his eyes widened, "you did what?"

"a ring.. for mary anne.."

theo didn't know what to think, he was shocked to say the least, and thought spencer wasn't telling the truth.

that was until he fumbled into his pants, pulling out a small box.

"look, isn't it neat?"spencer slurred, with a weak smile.

"holy crap.." he gasped. "you're just carrying it around-"

"i like carrying it around.." spencer admits, "just waiting for the right moment."

____

when mary anne had received spence's text, she frowned slightly, staring at the screen. before she could respond, an incoming call comes through, it was him.

"hey.." she answered, a sigh of relief left his lips.

"mary anne.."

the sound of his voice brought a warm sensation through her, though it hadn't even been twenty-four hours, she missed him.

"spence i-"

"are you okay? you walked out when there was a whole blizzard out! traveling by car or foot is highly discouraged during blizzard conditions. it increases the chance of hypothermia, accident and death!"