the giraffe and a blueberry muffin.

" experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. my god, do you learn. "
- c.s. lewis

 lewis

__

"annie!" a voice called out, looking over she's greeted by thomas.

his bright smile, eyes a bright blue, freckles dotted along his chubby cheeks.

mary anne smiles, "tommy.."

"you're here! you're here! you're finally here!" he embraces her into a hug.

her eyes began to water as she hugs him back, "yes.. im here."

she chuckles realizing how tall he was, "did you get taller?"

"yes, guess what, i grew four inches!! isn't that cool annie?"

she smiles, nodding as she quickly wipes her tears. "very cool."

and looking up, she sees her father who roughly grabs thomas by his shirt, basically dragging him into the familiar house.

"hey! stop that! leave him alone!" mary anne yells, trying to get thomas out of his grip.

"you little shit." he groans pushing her over, continuing to drag thomas.

she quickly gets up, going to follow the two trying to save him.

"leave him alone, he didn't do anything!" she cried.

"will you shut the fuck up?!" he yells pushing thomas downstairs, into the basement.

mary anne feels her stomach drop, she yells at her father. "you sick fuck!"

she goes down the stairs going by her brothers side, he was laying on the floor.

she began to sob, "hey hey.. tommy? tommy? talk to me."

he whimpers, letting out a small whisper. "i love you the most annie."

mary anne shakes her head, sobbing. "no no no tommy, please..please..."

"take care of jared? he's the brother to josie, and josie needs her brother."

she purses her lips, "tommy stay... i need you. i need my brother.."

"i love you the most annie." he repeated before his eyes fluttered shut.

"no! no!" she shook him, trying to get him to wake up, "baby please, wake up."

spencer had been shaking her trying to wake her up, he had woke up from hearing her whispering nonsense and the heavy breathing.

mary anne wakes up, sitting up, gasping for air, sweat dripping down her forehead.

spencer quickly pulls her into a hug. "hey, it was a bad dream. you're okay.."

she began to sob into his arms, all she could hear was him saying i love you the most annie.