𝟏𝟎𝟓. 𝐧.𝐞.𝐰.𝐭

ابدأ من البداية

That afternoon she had her care of magical creatures practical which she could confidently say was her best paper. Care of magical creatures wasn't necessarily her best subject however for some reason she found the exam easy to work through.
Whether she would find the practical to be as simple was another question.

She wrote confidently down all of the properties of a werewolf knowing her uncle would be proud that she got them all. Elle also managed to describe perfectly the image and history of a thestral despite never being able to see one, she praised the description Emilia had given her of one of them as she jotted down about their leathery black wings and white eyes.

The next day she had her transfigurations practical. She was paired with an examiner called Professor Tofty who was very old and seemed completely frail, Elle was sure she heard him mention that he examined Professor Dumbledore which must have meant he was completely ancient. This wasn't as surprising in the wizarding world considering those with magical abilities tended to live longer.

Elle successfully managed to transfigure a writing desk into a pig. She hadn't previously accomplished the return transfiguration without the desk having a curly tail so she concentrated hard as she did the incantation.
To her amazement it was a complete success. The desk had no tail.
The rest of the magic used in that exam had to be non verbal which was a tricky talent Elle hadn't quite mastered fully.

She made a few hiccups including turning a bird into a hat rather that a goblet however apart from that she believed she had done ok.
Professor Tofty congratulated her as she finished the exam and she came out feeling rather good about herself.

Her herbology practical took place in the greenhouses. Students had to take pods from a Snargluff plant which Elle had done the year before in class. The pods were around the size of grapefruits and were hard to detach without getting slashed by the plants long feelers.
This practical was probably Elle's worse examination as when having to select the Mimbulus mimbletonia from a collection of plants, Elle messed up and chose a mandrake feeling exceptionally stupid after as the Mimbulus mimbletonia wasn't difficult to spot.

The next day she had two practical exams (care of magical creatures and charms)
Elle was confident in charms as it had always been her favourite subject. She managed to perform all of the non verbal spells perfectly without messing up once.
After she came out Professor Flitwick told her he'd been watching and said it would be a shock if she didn't get outstanding.

The care of magical creatures exam wasn't as easy. Elle had to select the right foods for a sick unicorns diet, approach a Hippogriff correctly without being hurt and then mount the creature without it protesting.
She also had to find a Knarl in a swarm of Hedgehogs. Knarl's and Hedgehogs were identical in appearance. The trick was to offer each creature some milk in turn as Knarl's were rather suspicious when it came to taking drinks off others.

The next day marked her last day of exams which was a thrill for Elle. Her Newt exams didn't last as long as people who took more subjects however all Newt students would finish exams before Owl students. This wasn't incredibly great news as they still had to stay in Hogwarts for another month. This might have usually been a reward however not when Umbridge was teaching it.

Elle's herbology written exam went a lot better than the practical. She managed to write down how different plants should be cared for as well as talking about the properties of different plants including the Mimbulus mimbletonia which Elle had previously messed up.

The charms written exam was Elle's best yet. This meant she finished her exams on an overall high which left her in a good mood.
She had managed to answer every question and have time at the end to go through and make sure she had answered correctly.

✰✰✰

That night the common room was still as quiet as it had been as many students were still studying. Angelina was talking continuously about how she'd messed up her potion.
"The drought of living death isn't supposed to turn green" she cried as she read over her text book again,
"You always said you were going to fail potions" Alicia shrugged. It seemed this was not the thing to say.

It was late at night when a voice cried from the window,
"They're attacking Hagrid!" The voice yelled. All the students ran towards the window which was crowded in an instant.
"Let's go up to our room, we'll be able to see from there" Katie suggested. The five girls swarmed up into the dorms and started out of the window.

Five wizards and witches were trying to stun the half giant by showering him in blasts of red light. He was roaring in anguish. One of the figures looked a lot like Umbridge.
Hagrids large black dog (Fang) was jumping around trying to defend his owner however he soon got hit by one of the blasts of red light causing Hagrid to roar louder.

"This is awful" Lauren squeaked as Hagrid yelled out,
"Look!" Alicia called pointing to a figure who was making their way across the grounds to Hagrids hut,
"It's McGonagall" Angelina noted as the professor approached "she doesn't look happy"
Angelina was right she could tell that the Professor was shouting something at the group of wizards.

All five girls gasped at once as the group of witches and wizards all turned and pointed their wands at McGonagall in unison.
Five spurts of red light hit her directly in the chest. The woman seemed to glow for a moment before crumpling onto the ground.
"HOW COULD THEY" Katie yelled in rage,
"Five stunning spells" Lauren murmured "do you think she'll be ok?"

The girls rushed back down into the common room to see if everyone else had witnessed the attack. They could tell by the loud angered voices and cries of alarm that they had.
Suddenly the common room door opened and a fifth year class stepped through. They had been doing their astronomy exam and witnessed the entire scene.

"I knew it wouldn't be long until they tried to get rid of Hagrid especially with Dumbeldore gone" Harry called out "she had motivation when those nifflers starting appearing in her office"
"She thought that was Hagrid?" Lee sighed apologetically "it was me, I was levitating them through the window".
"They took her up to the hospital wing" a third year called out.

"Do you think she'll be ok?"
"She's a strong woman" Hermione assured them "I'm sure she'll get better"
"Umbridge has gone even further down in my estimations if that's even possible" Elle grunted "five stunning spells"
"Cowards" Lee shook his head "complete cowards".

✰✰✰