𝟏𝟎𝟒. 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐭

Start from the beginning

Eventually they hit the charms corridor and everyone stopped walking immediately. Elle stood on her tip toes in an attempt to see over the bobbing heads.
In the middle of the corridor sat what seemed to be a large swamp. How it got there no one seemed to know however Elle had a definite guess.
She stifled a laugh at the looks on the teachers faces. To Elle's surprise Umbridge wasn't one of them.

"She's got them" a voice sounded from behind Elle, she turned to see Lee Jordan beckoning her to follow him. She took one last look at the swamp before darting away after him.
Lee hasn't specified exactly what was going on however she knew what he had meant immediately. Umbridge had caught Fred and George.

She felt an ounce of nerves flow through her at the thought. What would she do to them. These last few weeks, Umbridge had turned into some kind of monster, she was ruthless when it came to punishments and with Filch by her side Elle didn't want to think about the kind of trouble the twins had gotten themselves into.

Lee and Elle paced down stairs following the gaggle of students who were also going to find out what was going on. Elle wished that the twins had managed to get away sooner. She hadn't wanted them to go but that was better than them being punished by Umbridge.

✰✰✰

Eventually the pair arrived in the entrance hall. The crowd accumulating inside looked the same as it had done when Trelawney had been sacked.
Umbridge was standing on some stairs in an attempt to make herself look tall and she was gazing into the middle of the room where the twins were standing looking incredibly proud of themselves.

Elle and Lee pushed forward through the gatherings of students until they were right at the front. They now had a clear view of what was going on.
Fred and George looked out of breath as though they had been running. Elle stared at them both hoping they would look around. George turned as though he could sense Elle's presence. He smiled lightly and winked at her before returning his attention to Umbridge who was now addressing them.

"So you think it's funny to turn a school corridor into a swamp, do you?" She called down to the twins. She tried to keep her voice calm and steady but Elle could tell that she was absolutely furious.
"Pretty amusing yeah" retorted Fred who stared up at Umbridge without the slightest sign of fear in his eyes.

All of a sudden Filch burst through the doors behind Umbridge. He had a gleeful expression on his face as he elbowed past students to get to Umbridge. A piece of paper was waving madly above his head.
"I've got the form" he cried out happily "I've got the form and I've got the whips waiting, oh let me do it now"

Whips? Elle turned to Lee with an expression of confusion,
"Well we always knew he was deranged" Lee muttered.
"Very good Argus" she beamed wickedly before returning her attention to the twins "you two are about to learn what happens to wrong doers in my school"

"You know what?" Fred called out "I don't think we are"
There was a few gasps and laughs at his words. Elle felt the distinct feeling of pride ebb through her.
"George" his brother smiled "I think we've outgrown full time education"
"Yeah I've been feeling the same way myself" replied George lightly.

"Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" Asked Fred,
"Definitely" Grinned George.

Before Umbridge could say a word in protest, the boys whipped out their wands and yelled the same words in unison,
"Accio brooms"
A loud crashing sound echoed from the distance. All heads turned to see two brooms fly through the door stationed behind Umbridge.
They nearly knocked the woman of her feet as they sped towards their owners.

One of the brooms still had a chain and iron peg attached from where it had been tied up in the head mistresses office since she confiscated them.
The brooms stopped dead before the twins and the chain stopped rattling against the stone floor.

"We won't be seeing you" Yelled Fred as he flung a leg over his broom,
"Yeah don't bother to keep in touch" added George as he too mounted his broom.
They gazed around the assembled students. Both of their eyes landed on Lee and Elle and they beamed even more and smirked in their direction.

"If anyone fancies buying a portable swamp, as demonstrated upstairs" Fred stated in full business like manner,
"Come to number ninety-three Diagon Alley" George continued,
"Weasleys Wizarding Weases" They both called out together,
"Our new premises" Fred finished.

"Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat" George pointed at Umbridge who now looked more livid than ever.
"STOP THEM" She screeched but it was too late.

As the inquisitorial squad closed in, the twins had already kicked off from the ground and shot fifteen feet into the air. The iron peg below them was swinging wildly.
"Give her hell from us peeves" Fred called. The poltergeist had never been previously seen taking orders from students however at these words he swept off his head and bowed low to the ground.

The twins swung around on their brooms and flew out of the open doors, soaring into the glorious sunset.
Cheers and applause broke out over the hall.
Elle was cheering so loud that she was sure her voice would be gone by tomorrow. Her hands clapped so hard that they were turning red raw. But Elle didn't care.

She stared at the two black specks getting smaller and smaller until they disappeared into the orange and pink sky.
Elle had never felt more proud to be their friend. The whole hall was cheering (except from Umbridge, Filch and the inquisitorial squad) even Flitwick was clapping them goodbye.

Elle also noticed that she was crying. She knew she'd be upset when the twins eventually left however she was also overcome by happiness for them. They had done what they had been meaning to do for a while now.
She knew that life at Hogwarts would definitely become worse with their absence however she told herself it would only be a couple of months before they were reunited.

One thing was for certain, Hogwarts would never be the same again without Fred and George.

✰✰✰

A/n
I had to write this twice because my WiFi turned off and it deleted :/
It's all good though because this is definitely my favourite part of the fifth book :)
The twins are so iconic.