Chapter 1: Stand by for Titanfall

The Jian, also known as 'the bird that shares wings,' only possesses one wing. Unless a male and female pair lean on each other and act as one, they're incapable of flight. They're imperfect, incomplete creatures...

But for some reason, their way of life struck me as profoundly beautiful...

It was beautiful, I felt.

Y/n pov:

I was on top of my Titan, BT-7275, just playing with my knife. I had nothing to do, all the bad guys are dead and now we're just enjoying life on the spaceship, away from Earth 2.0.

I sighed as I hopped down and stretched my body

I sighed as I hopped down and stretched my body. It's not fun when your one of the best pilots and the youngest one. "Man, I wish there were enemies that we could kill, right BT?"

BT looked at me and answered. "The general wouldn't be happy about that."

"Yeah, yeah, I know..." I said as I began to walk away. "I'm gonna take a nap so I'll-"

"Y/n L/n." I heard a voice. I turned around to see the general standing there. "We have an important task."

'Finally.' I thought. "What is it?"

"It's about Earth." The general said. "What do you mean? Earth is not having any problems."

"Well, it does now." My interest peaked. "Oh, why is that?"

"We're lost a pilot there. He was tasked to see if life could start there."

Wait... A pilot lost his life there?

"Excuse me but did I just hear correctly? A pilot died on that earth?" I ask the general as he nodded. "We believe that he was K/IA."

"Hold up... How was he killed in action when there's no life there?"

"That's what we don't know. So we're sending one of the best pilots to retrieve his helmet and chassis."

(A/N: Chassis is the core of the titan.)

I thought for a while. Is there actually life there?

"Alright, I'll suit up and retrieve it." I said as I walked to my locker and began to suit up.

The general left and I hopped into BT. "So... we're going on a trip BT, to see the earth." I sighed.

"Stand by for Titanfall."