chapter 4

Start from the beginning

[name] was not a fighter, thus she rarely ever chose to step foot outside of the castle walls unless she was visiting Springvale to drop off and pick up supplies. She had only ever really crossed paths with a Mitachurl once. Such was a time she couldn't force herself to see again.

Not this time.

Axel, who had been seemingly forgotten this entire time took the chance to escape. "You can deal with this, I'm out of here!" He ran off the opposite direction in which the Hilichurls came from, carrying his envelope full of Mora tightly clutched beside his chest.

Blocked off by another small hilichurl that popped out from where Axel escaped from, a gnawing flick jarred at the red head's teeth.

"Fuck." He growled lowly. "I'll catch him later."

He flipped around glaring at [name] who was sinking further and further into her memories. A yell escaped him. "Hey, snap out of it!"

She looked up quickly, hesitating in her stance. Seeing that she wouldn't budge, he pulled her by the arm tucking her behind him. His claymore swung upwards and crossed against one of the Hilichurl's wooden club.

[name], brought out of her trance locked eyes with a red glowing gem that was swung at his hip. It took a moment, a low gasp befell from her lips, late on the news.

She held tightly onto the bag in her arms. She finally realized the identity of the vigilant man for the first time. "You're... You're the Darknight Hero..."

Not that he particularly cared to talk to her this time around though. His alias name was nothing more than just another shrug to his shoulder, nor did he have the essence of time to casually converse with her in a battle of life and death.

It was a spar based on brute force. With a helpless person to aid after, he couldn't carelessly just toss her aside and accidentally hurt her by using the powers of his vision. But there was no complaint, regardless of the extra add on his list to stress on. His feet pressed hard against the ground, and with all of his strength, the sound of steel drove the monster bit by bit, until it toppled over. In a fast motion, he stabbed it through the head, tearing apart its head to its death.

[name] subconsciously stepped further away from him as she was frankly unused to seeing violence.

He took her action to launch himself into the fight against the group of Hilichurls. Swinging the large sword through and across the bodies as though it would be his last. A deep ignition flowed onto his claymore lighting it up through the darkness of the night before he dove towards the Mitachurl.

The monster was larger in figure but slower in motion, giving the him the chance to strike before it could.

Everything else before her were in blurs other than the fight. There was something about his movements that played with her mind. It was as though he was dancing, violently and dangerously, of course, but dancing nevertheless. She had occasionally saw spars between knights, yet none had ever moved as gracefully as he did.

It astounded her. She never would have guessed that she would one day admit swordplay being a beautiful thing.

He took the fight so skillfully, it stunned her beyond words. How could he just..? Evenly fight on par against the giant with a flick of little effort? The monster that haunted up until now all of these years? It scared her. He scared her.

Being so focused on the fight, she had forgotten about her surroundings. Forgot to care about that light purple gleam glinting in the hidden deep of the darkness. One single round was pulled back then shot rapidly towards her.

Just before it could have hit her though, a dazzling white blade made contact midway with the arrow, breaking it in half. It flew towards the Hilichurl standing in the dark, stabbing it accurately through the chest causing it to fall. After a moment of struggling, the sound of wind and crunching noises echoed from there, puffs of smokes decimating not so long afterwards.