"There you go!" Onyx cheered, as she patted Lorenzo's back. Lorenzo immediately covered his eyes and walked towards the wall.

"Thank you," I told him. He threw his thumb up in the air.

I looked in the mirror and noticed that the button was literally struggling to hold my pants closed.

What the fuck? Why am I having issues?

"Do you think I gained weight?" I asked Onyx.

"NO-. Um not at all, Lucille!" Lorenzo interrupted. Weird.

"I don't think so," Onyx glanced over at me, "You just got... curvier."

I looked at myself in the mirror once again and noticed my hips were becoming more... accentuated.

"Hmm," I say, "Odd."

Wait.

Not odd.

I walk over to the book shelf and immediately pull out a Charms book. I flip the pages over and over, looking for a specific spell.

"I'll meet you at the commons?" Onyx asked me as she slung her book bag over her shoulder.

"Mhm, yes you go ahead," I respond flipping through the charms.

Blaise, Onyx, and Lorenzo start leaving.

"Lorenzo," I shout, "You stay."

He backs up into the room, still facing the wall. "Why?"

"Just-. Just give me a second," I say, frantically flipping through the pages.

Once I find the page, I immediately read it.

REPERIO FORDUS

[IE. DETECTION OF PREGNANCY]

\REQUIRES TWO PARTICIPANTS\

This charm can only be casted by those who are in true need; it is only successfully performed on those who are of foetus. To cast this wandless charm, the caster must place their hand on either the woman's back or waist and say REPERIO FORDUS. Once this has been casted, results can only occur when the person the charm has been casted on is with child (WAND MUST BE IN OTHER HAND IN ORDER FOR THIS CHARM TO BE PERFORMED, OTHERWISE THE RESULTS WILL BE FAULTY)

[RESULTS IF WITH CHILD]

A heartbeat through the caster's hand and woman's stomach can be felt, (MAKES FOETUS'  HEARTBEAT PROMINENT)

{CREATOR OF CHARM}

BADEEA ALI

1989-1990

"Lorenzo," I say, "Can you do this for me?" I turn his body around by the shoulder and bring the page up to his face.

He widens his eyes, trying to read it. "Fuck's sake Lucille can you back up, I can't read the bloody page," He exclaims. As he takes the book, he reads it from a fair distance. Once he's done reading it, he looks up at me.

"You can't be serious?" He hesitated.

I bit my lip nervously. "It's just to see, but I truly doubt it," I responded frantically.

"No, I'm not-"

"Lorenzo! Could you please just cast the bloody charm!" I shout.

Lorenzo huffs. He pulls out his wand and holds it up, then places his hand gently on my bare stomach. His cold hands and metal rings press against my skin, causing me to suck in at the sudden temperature.