chapter 6

Start from the beginning

"You're forgetting something." [name] added her voice back into the conversation after she had been ignored the first time. She stared at Guinevere, obviously directing the conversation about her. "Bamboo won't bend even if wind hits them while dogs will bend over as long as you feed them [4]." She paused glancing over to Adelle this time. "But what can I say..? An animal only picks up habits after its mothers, no?"

Guinevere stared in confusion at her not quite understanding the second proverb this time around either. Adelle was just as speechless as her husband. It took the mother longer to process the sentence compared to Cyril. By the time she had realized that this despicably lowly girl had just insulted her own daughter and herself, her husband had beat her to the punch.

Cyril suddenly slammed his hands on the table, abruptly standing up in anger.

He pointed an accusing finger at his daughter scolding her. "[name] Aviatora, is that a way you should speak to your sister and mother!?"

[name] sarcastically implied unable to hold herself down either. "I would never."

Cyril imploded with narrowed eyes. "Then address them properly this instant."

She grit her teeth standing up from her teeth. "I refuse."

The man felt an essence of his patience slip away in an instant. "What did you say?"

It took all ounces of confidence in her, but [name] had managed. "I refuse to call them as my muqin and memei."

The mother-daughter pair could both careless actually, yet they both silently kept watching the show out the sudden outbursts between the two that were once as close as a parent-child relationship could get.

Cyril was briefly stunned by her words, his cheeks turning redder in frustration. "How dare you!"

[name] too stood up from her seat, shouting back at him. "How dare I? Why would you get mad at me for一 "

"For disrespecting your mother and sister!"

"They were never my mother and sister, nor could they ever be my mother and sister to begin with." Feeling deeply pressed over her spilling emotions, she included as well, "You can't get mad at me for not understanding what I had gone through, because of your horrible choice in women."

Cyril felt like he had stumbled on a rock, his eyes glared at her. "Horrible choice...?" He chuckled sarcastically. "You're right about that." He mentioned to Adelle going on harshly. "But not her一your mother, was a horrible choice."

[name] had immediately shut up as soon as she heard this.

"She gave birth to an insignificant daughter like you一one who refuses to go to class, one who stays out late every night, one who hurt her own sister and would even boldly question her father after all of the filial things she has done."

She tried to interject. "Those aren't一 "

"One... Who's mother gave birth to a child that wasn't even mine to begin with."

Her head snapped up in disbelief. "W- what...?" She weakly questioned shortly after, her hands dropping to her sides.

Guinevere...? Was she actually right?

The mother and her daughter stared, glints of amusement in their eyes when [name]'s eyes locked up with them.

Impossible.

Cyril shook his head, not wanting to go into deeper details. "Out." He demanded.

"B- ba... Ba, you're just mad, right? You're lying... Right?"