7

As you were changing the song on the playlist you heard someone call for you from behind.

"Hey [Y/N], can you pass the green paint, please?"

You smiled as you turned towards one of the newer members to your club and nodded in response. You walked over only a couple of feet to grab the tube of paint and handed it to them.

The days have flown by and it was already over half way through the week. But during that time you've gone back to your art club and started with a new project in making banners for the boys volleyball team. It was banners for the students to hold while they supported the boys in the nationals.

You would help with the banners during art club and afterwards head to the gym where the boys were to help with practice. Even learning more yourself.

It became a good routine the past few days and at the end of the day Sakusa and Komori would walk you home or getting food from the convenience store. Today you were pretty excited because the anime that you and Sakusa were watching will be showing a new episode. You both had planned to watch it together after binge watching the whole series when Sakusa had first came over to your apartment.

"Hey, [Y/N]! Komori is here for you!" Mai's voice had rung out.

You walked over to her, "Are you sure it's okay for me to leave early?"

Mai smiled, "Yeah, absolutely! We got it handled here and you've helped out a lot!"

"Alright, if you say so. But if you guys need anything be sure to call me!"

You had went to gather your belongings and waved goodbye to your club members. As you were leaving you had given Mai a confused look as you saw her with a light blush on her face and tucking her hair back behind her ear while speaking to Komori. As you and Komori had walked away, you turned to look back at her with her just waving away innocently.

But you gestured with your fingers pointing to your eyes and pointing them back towards her then spinning around the corner.

"What are you doing?" Komori asked you suspiciously.

"It's nothing!"

The both of you had reached the gym shortly after. You had already changed your clothes at the art club room just to make sure that you didn't get any paint on your school uniform. So you had sat at the bench to put on your shoes and knee pads.

"Sorry I didn't come to get you myself, Komori insisted on going."

You smiled at the shadow looming over you, "Hm, I see. Him and Mai seemed to have a good chat while waiting for me."

"The dots are beginning to connect," Sakusa stated as he bent down to once again to help you with your knee pads.

"You know I can handle these knee pads," You teased.

"Are you sure? One was practically on the side of your knee," Sakusa shot back, a smirk shadowing his features as he looked up to see a grumpy expression on your face.

"Now you're just flat out lying."

Sakusa placed a hand on the bench and lifted up slightly to come face to face with you.

"I would never lie. Especially when I get to see that cute expression on your face."

Your blush bloomed all over your face and surprised at his forwardness.

"I--I--"

"Come, love birds! We must warm up before our practice game!"

You heard Sakusa quietly laugh under his breath and that only made your heart rate beat faster.