The dude clears his throat and turns his head into the house then turns back to me.

"Yeah. They're in the kitchen." He opens the door wider to allow me to step in.

I grin at him. "Thanks!"

"No problem. I've never seen you around here before." He says, walking next to me. I'm glad he is though because otherwise I wouldn't be able to find the kitchen.

"That's because this is my third day in California. I got here on Wednesday from Spain. I spent some time with a relative over there for the summer. I used to live in Seattle, Washington while my dad coached." I explain.

"What's your dad coach?" He asks as we near an open doorway where you can hear Bella and Mary arguing over frosting colors.

"Soccer." I state.

"Oh that's so cool! I play on the UCLA team. Did your dad coach the FC Sounders up there." He asks. Is this guy really not able to put the pieces together that his new coach came from the Sounders? Nevermind, he's cute.

"Yes. Now he coaches here in LA." I answer. "So far my three days here have been interesting. I got onto Weston High's soccer team."

The guy looks at me confused. "Did they get a female team?" He asks.

I shake my head. "Nope. Your looking at the only girl to ever make it on the team."

The guy whistles as we enter the kitchen. "Well damn. I used to be on that team when I was in high school. You must be really great for coach to take you. What position do you play?" He asks.

"Daniel!" Athens yells. "This is a girl sleepover and of course you have to talk soccer with Carson." Athens says.

"It was nice to meet you. I'm Daniel." Daniel says, shaking my hand.

I smile back. "You too. I'm Carson." I introduce before leaning in closely and whispering, "Goalkeeper." Daniel grins and winks at Athens before turning and leaving.

"What was that?" Mary asks with a smirk.

Instantly my cheeks flush. "What!? He was cute. Athens, why didn't you tell me you had a hot brother?" I whisper yell. "I would've worn something cuter. I don't think sweats wake the hormones."

Athens looks at me crazy. "You're trying to 'wake my brothers hormones'?" She asks. Then she laughs at my form of words.

"Now I am. Zayum." I state. Then it hits me, he's on the UCLA team which means I'll be seeing him on Monday. But he doesn't know my dad's the coach. That's gonna be awkward.

Bella laughs. "Come over here and help us frost these cupcakes. Daniel doesn't date Athens friends. Trust me when I say I tried." She jokes.

"And I wouldn't let him." Athens points out as she flicks a sprinkle at Bella.

"Understood." I say. "Now why are we frosting cupcakes?"

"My mom made cupcakes for our sleepover but had to leave to do something. She left us frosting. So now we are frosting them so we can eat them." Athens answers.

I nod and pick up a knife so I can frost a vanilla cupcake.

"Speaking of hot," Bella says. "Neymar's pretty darn just that." All of us burst into laughter.

Mary snorts. "What about Ronaldo?" She asks. "Have you seen his muscles."

"I'm pretty sure the whole world has seen his muscles." Athens says. "But have you guys seen Marc Bartra? He's not nearly as famous as them but he's pretty darn sexy."

I look down at my sweatpants awkwardly. "Ah Marc. My favorite center defense." I state, like a proud mother. "Did y'all know he's like 6 feet tall?"

"Why are you looking at your pants?" Mary asks me like I'm crazy.

"Because these are his sweatpants." I say.

"No way! Take them off! I wanna put them on!" Athens grins.

I look at her for a second. "You want me to take off my pants in your kitchen?" I ask.

Athens sighs. "Good point. We don't need any strip shows in my kitchen. But I am so stealing those pants sometime. Marc Bartra is totally my bae." Athens grins.

"Since Marc is pretty much my brother, that means it's okay if Daniel's my bae." I say, wiggling my eyebrows at Athens.

Athens shrugs. "If it means I have your blessing to marry that perfect work of art, then okay. Go ahead." She grins.

"Why does Ronaldo have to be 29?" Mary sighs dramatically.

"That's a good question Mary. You should ask his mom." Bella says sarcastically. "Aw, our hubbies already have babies." She remembers.

"Truth." I state.

"You guys wanna watch Get Smart?" Athens asks.

All of us shrug. "Sure."

Athens leads us to her living room. All of us pile onto the two couches. We watch as Athens pulls the movie up and starts it.

I'd totally forgotten how funny this movie is.