the end

the sun shines so brightly, coating his milky, fair skin in a layer of pure gold. his eyelashes coat his sharp cheekbones softly, fluttering so shyly and sweet. his soft, feathery hair almost shines in the sunlight, glimmering, looking unbelievably silky.
his back arches and rises slowly as he breathes, lying flat on his stomach.
he is beautiful.

harry smooths a light finger over louis' soft cheek, his bright green eyes wide open as he watches his love sleep peacefully.
he doesn't dare wake him.
in fact, he could stay like this forever, watching the beauty before him, undisturbed and restful.

his puckers his lips slightly when he sees louis shift, face coming closer to harry's. his eyes are still closed.
harry feels his boyfriends soft hand wrap around his waist, pulling him impossibly close.
he smiles.
louis also smiles.

harry continues to stare fondly at him, raising a hand to card through his hair.
that's when louis opens his eyes.
crystal and blue.

"good morning gorgeous."

"hello, beautiful."

they just lay there and smile.
there is nothing that needs to be said.

not until harry tries to kiss him.

"harry! no!" louis pushes him back, face contorting.

"wha-why?!" harry firmly cups louis' jaw, pulling him closer again.

"morning breath! it's fucking rank, babe." louis replies, full of attitude.

"oh come on!" harry starts to trail kisses down from louis' jawline to his neck. "why can't i kiss you on our fourth anniversary?"

"anniversary or not, you still have bad breath." louis pulls harry off him, pushing his finger to the cushion of his lips, restraining him.

harry just frowns.

"harold," louis shakes his head mockingly. "try brushing your teeth, then you can kiss me."

"say less." harry grins, running straight to their bathroom in the span of two seconds.
louis smiles to himself.
they moved in about two years ago, when they finally got a break from work.
it's one of the happiest milestones in their relationship.

harry returns way too quickly for him to have brushed his teeth properly.
whatever.
louis would kiss him either way.

"you're back, i see?" louis smirks and raises an eyebrow, as harry leaps into the bed in front of him, wrapping his arms around louis' neck and scooting into his lap.

"i am." harry grins. "now, can i kiss you?"

"maybe."

harry nuzzles his face into louis' jaw, lightly touching it delicately with his lips. "please, sweetheart?"

"okay, fine. i guess." louis rolls his eyes but can't control the massive smile that covers this face, which is why when harry leans in to kiss him, he gets a clash of teeth.

harry moves one arm to cup his jaw, the other staying tightly around his neck, whilst louis' brings a hand up to his curls, the other firmly around his waist, holding him close.

louis consistently bits and tugs at harry's bottom lip, often taking his tongue into his mouth and sucking lightly.
their lips move in complete sync, heads titled to get as close to each other as possible.

harry breaks off momentarily before attaching his mouth to his neck.
he loves his neck.

"harry-" louis starts, but is interrupted by his own gasp as harry skins his teeth into his collarbone. "babe, we need to get up. we can save this for tonight.." he grabs a handful of his boyfriends curls, hesitant to pull away.