𝟏𝟎𝟑. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬

Start from the beginning

It didn't take long to find out. The great hall was alive with hundreds of fireworks exploding. Catherine wheels were spinning while rockets zoomed to the ceiling.
"Stupify" Umbridge yelled at a rocket which in turn grew larger. Elle laughed as she watched the fireworks rush through the school. Soon they'd be filling all the classes.

That was actually the case. Lessons were continuously interrupted by fireworks flying in and exploding. Fred and George had come to charms as though nothing had happened. Elle mouthed 'brilliant' to them from across the room and they both winked.
Flitwick (who could have definitely got rid of the firework himself) called Umbridge in. She was covered in soot and looked completely disheveled.

"I would have done it myself of course" Flitwick smiled "but I wasn't sure whether or not I had the authority"
Elle stifled a laugh as Umbridge stumbled out of the room.
The adrenaline caused by the fireworks lasted all day. Umbridge spent her entire day running around the school getting rid of fireworks which Elle found hilarious.

There were many different kinds, Elle's favourite were the fireworks that continuously spelt swear words in the air. Umbridge had only figured out how to stop about half of them meaning the fireworks were exploding well into the night.
There was of course a celebration in the common room that night. Fred and George were treated as hero's as they paraded round the room.

Even Hermione granger went over to congratulate them even though she had previously taken every attempt to tell them about how she disapproved of their joke business. She then proceeded to do no work which Elle was shocked by. Elle and her friends had also taken the night off (it was impossible to concentrate with the cheers and explosions anyway).

✰✰✰

They all danced and cheered with the rest of the common room and Elle decided that her birthday may not have been so bad after all (even though this was the day after). The celebration went on well into the night as no one was in the mood for sleeping. Everyone agreed that Umbridge deserved actually what she had got and told the twins they were excited to see what they would do next.

Elle was surprised that they hadn't been caught or expelled. She was glad they hadn't been of course as she hoped they would stick around a bit longer. Hogwarts would be completely boring without them. But it seemed they really were masters in the art of pranking as they had managed to escape the clutches of Umbridge.

They had taken this opportunity to sell their fireworks since they were such a big hit. Elle couldn't help but feel proud of them as she saw the queue of people ready to order them.
"Of course we used up our whole stock for this" Fred sighed "but we'll have more soon"
By the end of the night they had over a dozen orders and were beaming happily along with the rest of the common room.

By the time it was two in the morning, Elle decided it was time to call it a night. There were still a few fireworks going off outside including one which was writing the word 'shit' over and over again.
"That was absolutely incredible" she smiled at the boys before going to bed.
Maybe it was the fire whiskey or just the general excitement of the day but she found herself unable to sleep.

✰✰✰

It didn't really matter that much if she didn't get up the next morning as it was the Easter holidays after all. She had decided to stay at school as there was so much revision to be done.
Elle didn't understand how a lot of people took so many subjects. Such as Angelina who took seven (which was two more than average) how she managed them all Elle did not know. She could barely handle four.

The Easter holidays weren't exciting at all. Umbridge had doubled her rules which were now getting out of hand. Speaking of hands, Elle's was a complete mess. The detentions for the DA students were taking a toll on her mental state as well as the back of her hand. By now she was used to the pain but that didn't make it any easier.

✰✰✰

She awoke on the second week of the holidays to hear a door slam. She opened her eyes to see Katie throwing herself face forward onto her bed in rage.
Elle sat up and noticed that Lauren too had awoken still wearing a sleeping mask and seeming unsure of where she was.
"Katie?" Elle called across the room. The girl grunted into her pillow.

"What's wrong?" Angelina was up now looking concerned. Katie turned around and sat up quickly,
"I failed all of the mock examinations" she sighed loudly. The mocks had taken place a week before Easter. Elle hadn't received her results yet as students usually got them back after the holidays were over.
"That's not good" Lauren noted.

"No it's not, all of my teachers predicted that I would fail my Newts" she muttered,
"Well you'll have to prove them wrong won't you" Alicia shrugged,
"They're not giving me the chance, I have to stay back next year and retake it"
"The whole year?" Elle gasped, she had never heard of a student having to retake a year at Hogwarts before. She'd known Patrick had chose to but he hadn't been forced.

"Well technically that's what they advised me to do" Katie continued "but I think I'm going to have to, my parents will kill me if I get bad grades and if I don't decide to stay now then that's it, I have to pass"
The girls all sad pondering a solution to this but it seemed there wasn't one,
"Well it might not be too bad, doing another year" Angelina suggested,
"It will be if all of you are gone... and if that cow is still head teacher.

Elle sympathised with Katie, she wasn't enjoying school very much at the moment and it was often a relief to her that she knew this would be her last year. That was if she had managed to pass her mock exams.
"So what happens next year, do you just move into the year below?"
"That's the gist of it" Katie shrugged "Ugh i can't believe it, I didn't think that charms had gone so bad but I guess I was wrong"

The rest of the holidays past quite quickly and Elle found herself wondering where all the time had gone. She still had a bunch of work to get through. However she didn't get any time in the evenings as these were still being took up by Umbridge's torture methods. This meant she couldn't cram her last minute work in the night before. Unless of course she pulled an all nighter which she wasn't planning on doing.

By the end of the week Elle had received her mock results and luckily she hadn't failed a thing.
She read the letter a few times to make sure that she'd read it right and breathed a sigh of relief that she wouldn't have to resist the year.
Transfigurations - E
Charms - E
Herbology - A
Care of magical creatures - A

However Elle knew that this feeling of jubilation wouldn't last long especially with Umbridge's reign of terror.
Elle also suspected that it would be long until the twins did decide to leave, and she knew she would be lost when that day came.

✰✰✰