C O R D I A L L Y - Y O U R S

Start from the beginning

"I mean for starters, his father is a Death Eater. And he's been oddly suspicious these past few months. It's almost like he's doing things underneath our noses."

Lorenzo scoffed. "Yep, you've gone mad."

"I'm not mad, Lorenzo. I truly think that he is. It makes sense!"

"It doesn't make sense, Potter. Did you really just come here to share your stupid theory?" Lorenzo seethed.

Harry looked at me. "Come on, Luce. You have to believe me," He pleaded.

I gulped. My lips parted, but I was inaudible.

"He's not," I responded. "And if you accuse him again, I will never speak to you again."

"Truly, you can't be serious?" Harry stammered. I looked at him with numbing eyes.

"Alright. I'll leave you to it," He huffed. Harry got up from beside me and walked away in frustration. I sighed and went back to eating.

"Are you alright?" Lorenzo probed.

"Mhm."

"It was good that you lied to him,"

I looked up at Lorenzo with his eyes resting on mine. "What?"

"I said it was good. It was good that you lied to Potter,"

My heart palpitated. "W-what do you mean?"

"You don't have to act stupid around me, Lucille," He stated, "Draco already told me even before you knew."

A sense of relief was lifted off my shoulders. It was glad to know that I'm not the only one who knew about his inevitable life task.

"I'm worried about him, Enzo," I quivered.

"Things will be alright, Luce. He'll finish his task, and soon enough, it'll be the both of you with no interruptions," He assured.

It isn't that simple. I'd like to think it is, but it isn't. Peoples' lives will be in danger. Draco will be in complete danger. My gut was telling me that this wasn't going to end well.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I lied. He smiled as he continued eating.

"Don't lose faith in him, Luce."

"I won't."

****

draco malfoy

Another dreadful day without Lucille. Another dreadful day with my bloody hell of a mother.

I pour myself a glass of whiskey again, and instantly drink it, then slamming it onto the dining table.

"There's no need to drink so much, Draco," My mother cooed, as she took a seat in the table. "They'll be here very soon, please refrain."

I scoffed, and poured another one. The fire whiskey no longer stung my throat. It no longer brought me a buzz anymore. It was only numbing.

"There's no need for a lot of things, mother. But here we are with with empty large house and all the galleons you could ever ask for. And for what?" I snapped. She sighed and didn't speak.

It made me so mad that she didn't speak. It enraged me that she couldn't speak up for herself, even while I was growing up. Why couldn't you put your foot down against my father, Mum?

Life would've been different if you did.

I heard the front door open, following a wave of chatter getting closer towards the dining hall.