The Departure

With his trunk packed and Oscar in his cage, Albus was ready to leave. It felt like a swarm of butterflies were controlling his stomach as he wheeled his luggage to the family flying car. His parents, James and Lily were waiting for him to bring the rest of his stuff. "Al, not even the Hufflepuffs will want you!" James joked for what seemed like the hundredth time. Albus knew that James was just trying to make him more nervous than he already was. "Yeah, like that's even possible." he muttered under his breath.

        The last of the luggage was inside of the car and they were ready to go. Albus was crammed into the backseat between Lily and James. His left leg was becoming sore. He really hoped that he would not be sorted into the Slytherin house. Despite his father claims that he didn't care, Albus knew he would care. Everybody would care. He would rather be in Hufflepuff than Slytherin!

        The car took a plunge to earth and skidded across a paved street. They had arrived at King's Cross Station. Of course, James was first out of the car. Albus nearley toppled over onto Lily as James pushed him aside. "Watch it!" Albus warned.

        Harry checked his watch. "It's nearly time for the train to leave. You won't want to be late on your very first year, Al." In fact, Harry was right. It was two minutes until eleven. The family rushed right through the brick passageway between the Muggle and Wizarding world.

         "Bye Mum, bye Dad." Albus hugged each of his parents tightly. "Don't go, Albus. I'll be so bored without you!" Lily cried. "You'll be fine." Ginny reassured. Albus squeezed Lily's hand firmly. "What am I, chopped Gillyweed?" James said irratibly. He seemed to always want to be at the center of attention. The train gave a threatening toot as steam billowed out of it's pipe. "Move along, Albus. You can't miss the train!" Ginny gently pushed Albus and James. "Wait, Mum. I want to ask Dad a question." Albus said. "Make it quick, won't you?" asked Ginny.

        "Dad, what if I'm sorted into Slytherin?" Albus asked. "Albus Severus, you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew." said Harry. The Hogwart's Express gave one final toot and started to slowly gain speed. Albus sprinted toward the train and hopped onto it with perfect timing. He was off.