Packing and Quidditch

"Albus Severus Potter, you better start packing your trunk for Hogwarts! The train leaves tomorrow!" called Ginerva Molly Weasley, Albus's mother. Albus was always quite a procrastinator. He had barely just started packing, although he had gone shopping yesterday. Albus didn't like going out in public much, due to his father being 'the chosen one'. He had attracted many stares as he moved from shop to shop with his family.

         Ollivander's son, Ibrahim, who was just as an accomplished wandmaker as his father, had given Albus a surprisingly swishy, twelve-inch Ash and Pheonix-Feather core wand. The wand had picked him instantly, the second Ibrahim had opened its case. Green and Silver sparks had shot out of the tip and shattered many glass vases. Ibrahim raised an eyebrow as he asked for the payment, seven Galleons.

        Albus had also acquired an energetic pet Barn Owl. He named the owl Oscar. Oscar tweeted so much, that his mother advised him to keep Oscar in the Attic above his room for the remaining time until his departure from home. Albus agreed with this well-reasoned idea.

        Albus gave his wand a longing look, weighed it in his hand, and finally packed it alongside some new quills and parchment. He wanted to learn as many areas of magic as possible. He was especially looking forward to learning Quidditch. Ever since his parents have been to Hogwarts, the rules had changed so that only the most exceptional first years were allowed to join a team. Only one or two first years made it onto the team each year. His brother James had been one of them.

        Albus prided his father's playing skills and courage. He didn't want new robes, he wanted his Father's old ones. A thought struck him. He didn't pack them yet! Albus dashed down the stairs and approached his Father. Harry Potter had greying hair, brand new rectangular glasses, and a lightning-bolt scar on his forehead. He was reading the Daily Prophet, so absorbed in it that he didn't realise Albus was behind him.

        "Father?" Harry looked up from his newspaper. "Albus?" Albus hesitated. His father did not know of Albus's plans yet. "Er, I wanted to know if, maybe I could, er, wear your Quidditch robes instead of using up money on new ones?" His father grinned. "Al, of course! The thing is, you may not be sorted into Gryffindor. But I would be happy to give them to you."

         Harry stood up and walked over to the storage closet. After a few moments of rummaging, Harry pulled out a slightly worn set of Gryffindor Quidditch robes. "Thanks, Dad." Albus took the robes out of his Father's hands.