Braces (KageHina)

In this one, Hinata gets braces. I based it off a drawing I saw on Pinterest by @kkumri on Instagram. I don't have braces nor do I think I will ever need them, but I'll try to get it as accurate as possible -w-

Under revision!!!

Hinata let out a dramatic sigh. His mouth was in pain. He had gotten braces three days prior, and boy did he hate them. They had red rubber bands. Having to wax them every night, (i think that's what you do with braces? I dunno) clean them out with a special brush. It was a hassle. He didn't like it.

He went to bed, laying on his back instead of his side to avoid pushing the harsh metal against his cheek.

>x< Jesus I was cringe >x<

Afternoon practice. Something he was dreading for the first. Time. Ever. If he got hit in the face with the volleyball- which happened a lot more often than he'd like to admit -it would hurt like hell.

The only people that knew about his newfound "accessories" were Kenma, his mom, and Natsu. Kenma because he went with Hinata to the orthodontist, being his best friend and all.

Hinata walked in the gym and all eyes immediately landed on him. Those eyes including the extra team in the gym: Nekoma.

I guess being the last one here when I'm usually the first is a little shocking.

"Hinata! Are you okay? You were absent for a few days last week!" Suga said, running up to him. Hinata gave him a small, closed smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just felt a little sick." He looked around the gym and found Kenma, giving him a wave.

"Oh, well I'm glad you're feeling well enough to come back! C'mon, let's start practice!"

Hinata set his stuff down beside the bench and walked into the court, sitting in a small semi-circle beside Kageyama. "Oi dumbass, are you okay?" He whispered. Hinata gave him a confused look.

"Since when did you care?" Kageyama rolled his eyes.

"I care. I just never bring it up."

Hinata shrugged and took a sip from his water bottle.

"Why aren't you talking as much as usual?"

He leaned his head towards the ground and groaned, causing Kageyama to roll his eyes again. "I'll show you, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else."

Kageyama agreed. Hinata absently noticed Sugawara and Daichi heading to the club room, chatting happily.

Hinata hesitated for a moment before smiling, albeit a little smaller than usual. It wasn't that he didn't like how he looked with braces, but he was a little afraid of his teammates' reactions.

Kageyama sat and stared for a moment before bursting out into laughter. "Why are you so worried about that? You look like a dumbass with or without stupid braces." He whispered.

Well, at least Kageyama was indifferent.

Soon, Suga and Daichi came back into the room. They were both flushed a pink color and Suga smiled before making an announcement.

"Alright team, into your positions! We're having a practice match against Nekoma."

Hinata headed up to his position and faced the ground. His mouth had started hurting again, which did not improve his mood.

Coach Ukai blew the whistle and the game started.

>×< why was there so much cursing in these time skips >×<