"We're going to her apartment, so she can... change clothes and stuff. Then, we're going out for... I guess lunch. I guess we slept in too late for breakfast...," Tamaki sighs while running his fingers through the back of his hair.

"I see...," Mirio glances down at me with a seriously kind expression. "I won't keep you. I'll come see the new place another time. Brunch is on me!", he hands a protesting Tamaki some folded bills. "I insist. I know it's your birthday, but take her somewhere nice. Happy birthday buddy!! Hopefully I'll see you again, Aimi. Take care of this guy! He's one in a million!", Mirio winks, hugs Tamaki, and leaves as quickly as he appeared outside the door.

Once we get out on the street, I decide to pull Tamaki out of wherever he is in his own head. He seems embarrassed and kinda stiff, so I take his warm hand in mine; lacing my fingers between his. "Mirio seems like a great guy! I'm glad you have such a good friend," I say truthfully.

I feel Tamaki relax as he holds my hand a bit tighter. "He's always been great. Mirio was the first person to befriend me when I started at a new school in 3rd grade,". I feel myself smiling as I listen to Tamaki talk about their friendship and his fond memories with Mirio and someone named Nejire.

In a startling turn of events, Tamaki talked the whole way to my apartment. It's not as nice as his, but I keep it clean and well decorated. As I unlock the door, my landlord glares out of the door to his unit at Tamaki and especially at me. I can't wait to get inside so I can roll my eyes. Otherwise I'll never be able to afford whatever rent price he comes up with.

"Takahashi, this is not a brothel! Keep your work out of my building," the old man yells loud enough for anyone in the world to hear. I slowly let my breath out as I undo my deadbolt. I, then, hear something I don't expect.

"Sir, that is no way to talk to anyone, especially not someone who keeps quiet and pays to live

"Sir, that is no way to talk to anyone, especially not someone who keeps quiet and pays to live... here," Tamaki says suddenly in a voice I don't really attribute to him. "I have to say, it's slimy to triple someone's rent, and then yell at them for how they manage to pay it,".

I finally get my stupid door open, but I'm too slack jawed to say anything. The landlord looks equally shocked. I manage to get my body working again, pull Tamaki inside my small home, closing the door quickly. "Tamaki... you didn't have to say anything to him. He's always like that," I say softly.

"You don't deserve that disrespect. From him or Kamui Woods. Or anyone else," he matches my tone and runs his fingers through my hair. I lean my head into his hand and smile. He smiles back and kisses me gently. "Go ahead and take your time getting ready. I know it's not really a date or anything, but do whatever you need to. I'll wait right here,".

Tamaki starts to move towards my hot pink couch, but I manage to pull him in for one more kiss; much sexier than the little one a moment ago. I sigh happily as I pull away, "Thank you, Suneater, that was truthfully heroic to me,". He blushes and nods quickly. Once I let him go, I run to my bathroom to wash up, fix my hair, and apply a bit of makeup, occasionally glancing at the pink cheeked elf boy smiling absently as he scrolls on his phone.

I ended up just brushing my hair, putting on lipstick and mascara, and a cute baby pink tshirt and light wash jeans. I slide on some flats and go back to the living room. "Ta daaa," I say dramatically as I spin around. "All done!".

Tamaki looks like someone just slapped the fuck out of him. "You look b-beautiful," he murmurs as he stands up. Cheeks and ears still glowing pinker than my top. The contrast with his pale skin and deep blue-purple hair causes my cheeks to flush as well. He's too good looking! Too kind! Too tentacles! Too... sigh. I haven't felt like this in a long time. I wonder what the catch is this time... It's too intoxicating to resist so I guess we'll find out soon, at the end of this mania. I feel like I could crack the earth with how strongly my heart beats around him.

I walk up and wrap my arms around his waist and let my ear rest on his chest. His poor heart is going 3000 beats a minute from the sound of it. I look up at his beautiful eyes. "Thank you! Don't get shy on me now, though! We've still gotta get through breakfast... and hopefully, lunch and dinner, too. But at the same time... I don't want today to end," I sigh into his chest.

Slowly, I feel his strong arms snake around me, hands resting perfectly on my lower back. "Me either...", Tamaki's quiet voice reverberates in my ear. "I could live today over and over again,".

"Me too!", I say excitedly as I pull away from him while grabbing my purse and opening the door. "Maybe you'll text me sometime?" I giggle with a wink.

"I'd be crazy if I didn't," Tamaki smiles back at me with that rare authentic grin. He seems so unhappy often, but this gleaming smile shows me the real man before me. He's happy and unrelentingly sweet, just a little anxious and pessimistic. He deserves the entire world, and I wish I could give it to him. Tamaki takes extra care to lock up my home as we leave and further proves my opinion. I seriously don't want today to end.