Marcel

I roamed the castle halls aimlessly after visiting my mother. Since I wasn't allowed to return to the library, I had nothing else to do. My mind immediately went to the idea that I could find Theo, but he was most likely too busy to ease my suffering. Besides, he promised he would come to find me once he finished. A sigh escaped my lips as I messed with the cuff of my shirt.

     My shoulders slumped as I stopped in my tracks to gaze out the window that stood beside me. I pressed a hand against the glass while the kingdom stood below me. My kingdom. A place I could only see from afar even if it would belong to me one day. Just from that thought alone, my hand curled into a fist.

     I swear I will rid myself of you, I declared while turning away. There's no time to delay now, I have to learn as much as I can. With quick steps, I made my way down the hall and began to turn the corner when I crashed into someone else.

"I'm so sorry - !"

"Please forgive me, I wasn't - !"

     I began apologizing until I realized who it was and paused. Theo stood before me looking just as surprised as I was. His expression instantly changed into a smile once he caught on that it was me.

"Mar! I didn't think I would be running into you," he simply stated. I narrowed my eyes.

"That wasn't very good and you know it," I stated. His smile never faded as he shrugged my statement off.

"I couldn't think of anything better...," Theo murmured as if he already knew it was horrible. A small laugh left me.

"You're rather useless aren't you?" I asked rhetorically. He quickly bowed.

"Please forgive me for my incompetence, Your Highness!" he exclaimed. I struck my hand against the top of his head as if it were a blade.

"Forgiven. Now tell me, where exactly are you in a hurry to?" I asked. Theo's smile faded as he stood straight.

"I must speak with His Majesty. I have news I must share with him." His tone became serious as I stiffened about the mention of my father. It was quiet between us for a moment while he waited for me to respond.

"...I see. Allow me to accompany you then," I said. Theo paused for a moment then nodded before heading to his destination. I followed in step beside him wondering what was so important that he had to share it with my father right away.

"This news you have... Does it have to do with the guards that summoned you earlier?" I questioned. He nodded.

"I'm afraid so. I would explain the details, but it would be better if we speak with His Majesty first," Theo hesitantly answered. I hummed in response thinking that was for the best. Having him explain it to me now would be a waste of time considering he had to inform my father of the news.

"I was planning on telling you afterwards."

"Hmm. I'm glad I wasn't forgotten."

"Please, I couldn't even if I tried."

"Is that a compliment or an insult?" I asked. Theo nervously scratched at his chin.

"Maybe I best not answer that," he mumbled. I jabbed him in the side with my elbow. He laughed while placing a hand over his ribs even though I was pretty sure it didn't hurt.

     After that, the walk to my father's study was shorter than expected. We stood side by side and stared at the doors that prevented us from entering. I glanced at Theo then noticed how nervous he was when he knocked. A voice called out saying we could enter and so Theo opened the doors then walked in. I followed after him as he held the door open to allow me passage. Once I was in the room, I quickly bowed before looking up at my father.

My ReflectionsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara