I smiled as he got up and walked over to the table, taking the seat I was in before.

"Hey A-" "Who are you?" Michael asked, bitterness evident in his voice. "This is Ashton. My friend." I said to Michael. He looked at Ashton, and then nodded, turning back to Alex. I turned to Ashton, but kept Michael's arms around me. "What did you and Cal talk about?" I asked. He shrugged. "Nothing really. He was talking about prom and how you two were probably gonna end up going alone, but hang out anyway, and about halfway through, leave and go watch The Brady Bunch." He said. I nodded. "That sounds about right." I said, and nodded.

"Are you gonna go to prom?" I asked Ashton. he shrugged his shoulders. "I guess I'll just hang out with you and Calum." He said, and I nodded. "I've never been asked to a dance or anything, you know." I said, and he shrugged. "I've asked some girls before, but I wouldn't mind helping you out. Luke Hemmings, Will you go to prom with me and Calum?" He asked, and grabbed my hand. I laughed at him, and nodded. "Thanks ash." At that moment, I felt the grip on my waist tighten. I looked back to Michael but he was just talking to Alex like he was before.

There's no way he could be jealous. I wanna test him though.

I pulled Ashton closer to me, and whispered in his ear. "Play along."

I grabbed his hand again, and said "Yeah and than maybe when Calum goes home we could cuddle." I said, pouting my lip, and I heard Michael and Alex stop talking. "Aw. That'd be nice." He said, and winked. "Yeah. I feel like I never see you anymore. My mum isn't home this week. You could come over and maybe we could have some fun." I said, my voice going into a whisper.

I felt Michael stand up, and my feet hit the floor. There was a firm grip on my hand, and I smirked as Michael dragged me from the cafeteria.

"What was that? Luke you know I like you." He asked, lightly pushing me to the wall.

"I know that now, but I was just testing you.." I said, and bit my lip. He rolled his eyes and smiled, leaning on the wall on his elbow. "I'm the jealous type." He said, and I quietly laughed.

"You really like me?" I asked, and he nodded. I blushed, and smiled down at my hands. "Yeah. I think you're cute, and you're unbelievably smart." he continued. I looked up at him, and smiled. "Thank you, Michael." I said, and he grabbed one of my hands.

"I've actually liked you for a while. I never really got to tell you though because, i dont know, I thought you hated me." He said. "I didn't hate you. I just didn't really fancy you very much because you pushed me into chocolate milk, but it's okay now." I said quietly, and laughed. He laughed a long with me. "Yeah. I'm glad you actually forgave me."

The school bell rang, signaling the end of our free period, and the end of the school day.

Michael glanced back at the clock, and back at me. "Hey. I've got to go. What time should we come over?" He asked. "I mean, whenever. I don't really have anything going on." I said, and shrugged my shoulders. He nodded, and kissed my cheek. "See you in a few hours." He said, before smiling, and walking down the hall.

I traced my fingers over the spot where his lips lingered, and I felt my heart explode.

I walked confidently down the hall, knowing Michael likes me. I made it over to Ashton and Calum, and smiled. "Michael likes me." I said quietly, and Calum cheered, jumping on my back. I gasped, and leaned over "My spine! Calum my spine is being crushed!" I groaned, and he jumped off.

"You look hot Luke. Who did this?" He asked, eyeing me up and down. "Michael did." I gushed. "You are a nerd legend. Luke you're going to be the light at the end of the tunnel for me. Now that you're hanging out with the cool kids, I'll hop on the bandwagon eventually. You see, Ashton already looks like a juvenile, so he's there already. Well eventually be the coolest kids around, and girls will be lining up to get a piece of Calum Hood." He said, holding onto my shoulder as we walked out of the school.