5- Maturity Levels

Start from the beginning

"To make a phone call, they simply type the number that goes to the muggle they wish to speak to."

"This is boring," Draco said and Blaise agreed.

"Paxton," Blaise whispered from the other side of Draco.

"What?" I whispered back, interested in what he had to say.

"Are you going to quidditch try-outs?" He asked and Draco scoffed.

"What's your problem?" I whispered to Draco who rolled his eyes.

"Of course you're going. I'll be there," Draco grinned and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Blaise. I'm going," I said and the Professor dismissed us.

"I'm going for seeker," Blaise told me as we were walking.

"Seeker? You're never a seeker! I'm a seeker!" Draco said harshly to Blaise.

"I want to try something new," Blaise responded.

"I think it's great to try new things," I said to Blaise and Draco stormed off.

"He's a pain," I said to Blaise who agreed.

"I have charms now, I'll see you later," he winked and left. I checked my schedule to see that I have Care for Magical Creatures with Hagrid. This is another one of my favorite classes. I find magical creatures very interesting. I often thought about having a job where I took care of magical creatures for a living, but I realized that now that I belong to Voldemort, I could never get the life I wanted.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I got to class and already saw Pansy all over Draco. Typical. It didn't exactly bother me, I just felt bad for Draco. I would hate to be in his shoes when it comes to Pansy.

"You are totally going to get seeker! I'll be there to cheer you on, Draco!" She said and hugged him. I had second hand embarrassment for her.

"Thanks, Darling," he responded and looked back over to me with his annoying smirk. Why does he always do that?

"Look it's the mudblood lover!" Pansy yelled as soon as she spotted me. All the Slytherins started laughing at me and I had no idea what to do. My cheeks felt hot and I wanted to cry. Why did they hate me so much? I was just trying to stick up for someone. Who even cares about blood status? Things like this made me regret begging the sorting hat to put me in Slytherin. I really should have been a damn Hufflepuff.

"Don't listen to them. They aren't very nice people," I heard a soft voice say and I turned to see a familiar blonde haired Ravenclaw girl. Looney- I mean Luna Lovegood. Draco calls her Looney Lovegood because she's "weird and needs help". He's too judgy.

"I know. I'm-"

"Evanora Paxton. I know you. I'm Luna," She gave a soft smile which caused me to smile. Her whole vibe was so positive and care-free. I wondered why no one ever hung out with her.

"Hi Luna," She responded and I decided to stay with her instead of going back to the rude slytherins.

"Paxton!" Pansy yelled at me. "Get over here!" I ignored her and saw Hagrid finally show up in front of everyone while holding a cute little creature.

"Looks like the mudblood lover is a member of the loony bin!" Pansy said, causing all the slytherins to start laughing again. I felt my cheeks heat up once more and I covered my face with my hair.

"10 points from slytherin for being bullies. Anyone can be friends with whoever they wish," Hagrid said and Pansy scoffed.

"Thanks a lot, Paxton," she hissed at me and I just continued to ignore her. How was that my fault?

After class, I walked with Luna to the great hall for lunch.

"Thanks for hanging with me during class," I said.

"That's fine. I'm usually by myself anyways," She smiled and went over to the Ravenclaw table. I felt bad for her. No one talked to her because they thought she was crazy. Only Granger and her Gryffindor friends talked to her.

I made my way to sit with the slytherins. I really didn't want to but I was starving.

I sat down next to Blaise and took a muffin.

"Where's Daphne?" I asked, noticing her absence.

"She dumped him," Draco laughed and Blaise just looked down at his plate.

"Do you always have to butt in our conversations?" I asked and he smirked.

"I'm sorry she dumped you. You deserve better," I said to Blaise and rubbed his back in an attempt to comfort him.

"Thanks," He said shyly.

"They've only been together for like two days. No big deal," Draco scoffed. Can you believe him? It doesn't matter how long you've been with someone, it still hurts when they tell you they don't want to be with you anymore. How is he so heartless?
"Don't listen to him," I said to Blaise.

"I never do," He whispered and I laughed.

"I heard that!" Draco said and flung a piece of bread at Blaise.

"How mature," I mumbled.

"So how is it with Loony Lovegood? Is she your new best friend? Or is it the mudblood?" Pansy laughed and Draco laughed along with her. What an amazing "best friend" I have here. He did say I was supposed to be his best friend, right?

"Leave me alone," I replied and ate my food.

"What do you see in them?" Draco asked, trying to start an argument.

"I see two caring, sweet, and kind people in them and at this table, I see none and I want no part in it," I said and got up and left to get to my next class.

A/N: hey! thanks for reading <3 plz really to vote!!! see u thurday-nessa<3