VIII - Not Enough

Author's Note

       HEY GUYS! JUST WANNA ASK IF THE STORY IS PROGRESSING TO SLOW? OR IS IT OKAY? BORING? ୧⍢⃝୨

         DON'T BE SHY TO RESPOND I DON'T BITEEEEE 🤭. HEHE!!

PS:

     I accidentally uploaded awhile ago sksksksks. Here's the compete version. Enjoy!!

Narrator's pov

Ever since Shoyo got up from his bed, he had been anticipating his upcoming match with his soon - to - be - or - not - teammates. Given the fact that this could be his first official volleyball team with legit and real players of the said sport, he was feeling mixed emotions about it. The anxiety, excitement, anticipation and fear had kept him awake through the night yet his energy wasn't even diminished a little bit. 

"Ms. Shoyo! Care to answer the problem?" the teacher in front of him asked after noticing how he would stare in space now and then. "I'm sorry, I wasn't listening!" Shoyo burst out with a flush evident in his face because of embarrassment and the way his teacher addressed him as miss

The teacher sighed and shook her head. "I understand that you'll be having your match later for the try out but listen first, okay?" 

"Yes, sorry!" he replied, clenching his fist to stop his excitement from breaking out. However, many classes had passed yet Shoyo was always called for being fidgety and everyone noticed how he would glance at the doors. 

Suddenly, a tall woman with her gray hair looked at Shoyo furiously with her left eye brow raised. "Ms. Shoyo! What was Mr. Henry Sy's first business?" the teacher asked, trying to catch Shoyo who was not listening. 

Shoyo stood up when his name was called and was looking down, afraid of the teacher's wrath. He was thinking of reasons how to escape the clutch of the terror teacher who would probably give him detention slip after she discovers that he was spacing out. He can't afford to miss out the try out. This was what he was waiting for and he wouldn't let it go. Why would she even call me when I wasn't listening? But when I always wanted to answer, she wasn't calling me! he thought, pouting.

 Although he had already brainstormed every possible answer, Shoyo was waiting for a miracle, an answer to be given to him by an angel. And that angel was the one behind him who suddenly whispered the answer in a quiet murmur. "It's the ShoeMart." the greenette said hoping that Shoyo heard him.

Shoyo's heart fluttered and was at ease after hearing the answer. "Miss, Mr. Henry Sy's first business before the existing SM was the ShoeMart." he answered confidently, putting his trust to his friend.

The teacher looked at Yamaguchi suspiciously but the latter was acting as if he was reading his book making the former shrugged it off and dismissed the class after hearing the bell rung. "Uwa~ Yams, you're a savior!" Shoyo excitedly shouted in his high pitched yet cute voice and well, hugged the greenette.

Yamaguchi's face turned into a tomato, his eyes looking at Shoyo hugging him and replaying the sudden nickname he gave him. "Man, I was really scared that I almost pissed myself." Shoyo told them in fear, thinking of what happened a moment ago. 

"Sho! Why would you say that?!" Yachi shouted mortified and covered her friend's mouth.

Shoyo was confuse. Although it was a bit embarassing, he thought that it was pretty normal for him to say that. Every boy---oh right. He wasn't a boy anymore.  "It's true tho! Anyways, lets go to the club!" 

TIMESKIP BROUGHT BY THE EVER SO CUTE BEANS

Like a crow flying into the flock, Shoyo jumped high, his instinct faster than his thinking, spiking the ball that was aimed accurately in his hands

Everyone was in awe at the fast attack. It felt weird but it got their hearts excited seeing the short tangerine jumping in the middle of the court, oblivious of the eyes twinkling while looking at him. "HINATA'S EYES WAS CLOSED?!" Daichi uttered in shock, both with the fast attack and the expression on the 1st year's face.

"HUH? Why did you close your eyes?!" Kageyama asked.

Shoyo's eyes was still shut closed, his teeth biting his lips and fist in a clenched, trying to calm himself. "It doesn't matter. I just trusted your toss, bakageyama." he replied as if venom was being spit out from his mouth making everyone who heard it shiver.

The game continued with Kageyama and Shoyo's quick attacks being improve as time goes by. Daichi showing why he was called the captain by receiving everything effortlessly. Tsukishima and Kageyama bickering, trying to get ahold of each other's weakness. Yamaguchi was constantly spiking and receiving, laughing at Kageyama and Tsukishima's irritated expression. Meanwhile, Tanaka and Shoyo was driven by excitement, their energy still in the seventy percentage.

"With the score of 25-24, Daichi, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, Wins."

Right after that, everyone sat on the floor, trying to catch their breaths. They were drained by the long rallies and add the fact that Shoyo and Kageyama was always fighting about their quick, both was confused how to make it effective much longer.

I'm dragging them down. Shoyo thought, his mind lingering about how he would always mismatch the toss's timing with his jumps. He remembered how he received the ball only for his arms to fail. I'm still weak. I didn't change. Nothing changed. Being like this isn't an acceptable reason!!

"Tomorrow. I'll be stronger tomorrow." he said that only the wind heard it. The hazel eyes of his was shining, expressing the determination, his passion and courage he had.

His condition won't hinder him from playing volleyball. He's Hinata Shoyo and he would cope up with his new body just fine.

Shoyo was hungry. He was ravenous of his growth and he would do everything to fill his tummy up.