IV - I will win!

Narrator's pov

Hours had passed after the scene and everyone was still confused about what happened back there, especially the two boys who had been watching Shoyo the whole time.

Shoyo was now in the bench of the Teiko Volleyball Club and was warming up. He was wearing the jersey with number one in it which usually means that the one wearing it is the captain.

"Oikawa. What do you think of her?" the black haired boy suddenly uttered which made Oikawa, the one with the brown hair, startled.

"Iwa-chan, you're interested about my thoughts?" he replied making Iwaizumi face-palm and slapped his head.

Oikawa then pouted and fake a cry but was ignored by Iwaizumi who was still staring at Shoyo. He then thought why did he even asked his bestfriend if even the referees and other coaches were confused.

@Teiko's bench

Shoyo is now feeling the intense atmosphere inside the court. He had been closing his eyes after warming up. On the other hand, the team had been watching Shoyo who was trying to concentrate with worried eyes.

Akashi wasn't on the court. He was explaining the whole situation to the higher ups and was trying to have Shoyo play in the game. Everyone is intently praying for Shoyo to be struck by Midorima's luck big time so that he could join.

Not long after, Akashi came back with a pissed face which made the team except for the wing spiker sighed heavily. "Shoyo, I'm back." Akashi stated.

Shoyo opened his eyes full of determination. His heart was pumping as if it's ready to burst out due to excitement. This would be his 2nd match and he had improved compared to his past self. He could imagine how the crowd would awe once again at his jump, how they would compliment him of his speed.

But everything was shattered just because of this strange occurrence. "You know? I really shouldn't have ate those meat buns." Shoyo said with a smile and turned to his friends.

"I've already sat enough here. It's time to go home." he uttered and packed his bags.

Shoyo knew what Akashi's tone meant. He understood why the higher ups didn't let him play and why the team doesn't want to continue the game.

Confirming his identity would probably take months especially now that his case in the hospital was classified as a Top secret. No one would push the process of his condition just for him to play volleyball. And it's humanly impossible. "Shoyo, my treat. Come on." Tetsuya said and patted Shoyo's head which made him tear up.

The game was ended with Teiko forfeiting the match which made everyone again, confuse and shock. Shoyo and the others got to the nearest mall and they bought Shoyo a few clothes since what he brought was super big for his current size.

While eating, he had explained what exactly happened to him and what transpired at the hospital. "Who even brought that meat buns?" Kise questioned and ate his burger.

"I did. But I only bought it at Ukai's store." Midorima confessed and sipped at his coke.

"Eh?! So, it wasn't the meat buns after all?" Shoyo said, disappointed at what Midorima said.

Aomine then laughed at Shoyo who was feeling down and said, "Dumbass. Of course it ain't!"

Tetsuya, who was over protective of Shoyo then stuffed french fries in Aomine's mouth to shut him off. "Aomine-kun, say that when you have topped Shoyo's marks." he said which made everyone laugh.

"I'll be watching Kitagawa Daiichi's match before I go home." Shoyo informed them.

Although worried, everyone bid their goodbyes to him.

The time of his arrival inside the big gymnasium was the same time that the match of Kitagawa Daiichi started.

Because of embarrassment awhile ago, Shoyo chose to wear a facemask and a cap along with the clothes that his friends bought for him. No one would ever think he was the player of Teiko.

(He's always dressing up with his sister that's why, he is not that uncomfortable with the clothes.)

He was watching the game play intently, focusing on someone who was ruling the court.

Shoyo was amazed and entranced by how the blueberry haired boy handles the ball. It was like every time he touches it, the ball sticks to his hands like a paste for a second and goes the way he wants it to. The sudden feints and his awesome receives was so captivating that it made Shoyo's heart ache. If only I had a battle with him again! He thought and clenched his fist.

The game ended with Kitagawa Daiichi's win again and Shoyo stood up, looking at the court as if he was looking at a prey. "I want to be on the court longer. I will win! Next time, I will win!" he whispered with eyes burning like fire.