Chapter 22 - A night to remember?

Start from the beginning

Pulling back he eventually looked down at her, “I have waited all day for that!” She wriggled against him unable to verbalise a response and he smiled, “patience Blondie, I thought we had food on its way!”

Nodding she rasped, “It won’t be here for forty minutes.”

Quinn placed a hand either side of her face and stroked her cheek bones with his thumbs, “I can’t think of anything worse than being disturbed...once we get deep into ‘discussions’.”

Lilah licked her lips, desperately trying to ease her dry mouth, to no avail, she could see the logic in his words, but this was her night and her rules. So she placed a hand on his chest and pulled back.

                “By then Mr Southland, I guarantee you’ll be glad of a pit stop!”

With that she marched out of the room, only pausing to lean back and toss the vest top she’d been wearing back through the doorway.  As she made for the stairs she heard the thundering of his feet as he chased after her. Her heart started to pound as she let out a squeal rushing up the steps, but it almost exploded when a hand circled her ankle she squeaked a quieter sound, belatedly realising her son was still sleeping.

Kicking furiously she fought his hands, and when he grabbed her shorts he thought he had her, but she unbuttoned them and wriggled quickly, sliding them over her hips and legs before he had even realised that she’d evaded him. At the top of the stairs was a large step that led to her room, and as she managed to make it there, laughter shaking every bone, he was suddenly there above her, eye-to-eye, and there was nowhere left to run.

Reaching up, Lilah wrapped her arms around him, pulling him closer, thrusting her mouth on his, biting and tugging at his lip with her teeth, running her tongue over his. Quinn groaned, dropping to his knees he reached around her waist responding in full to her kiss. She loved Quinn’s touch, well she loved everything about him, but as his lips dropped to her neck, her head fell back and she let the pleasure engulf her. Tonight was not about holding back, it was about making the most, taking the most.

Quinn’s teeth grazed her collar bone and she couldn’t contain a moan. One arm supported his weight, but the other settled on her waist, fingers splayed wide, aware of every single inch of his contact. Lilah tugged at his t-shirt, lifting it up, and Quinn parted with her body for a second to let her pull it over his head. As his lips returned to her neck, her hands flew to his chest, following the muscular contours with deft fingers, sliding around to his strong spine.

Quinn pulled back on to his knees and looked at her, “as nice as it would be to ravage you here...on the stairs, you deserve a large comfortable bed. Do you have one to hand anywhere?”

Laughing, she allowed him to pull her to her feet then opened the door to her boudoir. She wondered how he saw the room, it was a mismatch of everything, a homemade patchwork quilt, courtesy of her mother topped the large central wooden bed, the furniture was a mixture of older pieces bought at various charity shops. But as she looked at Quinn his eyes were on her, and she could tell he didn’t give a damn about the decoration, the cosmetics of the room. He was only interested in her.

                “Come here!” he breathed crooking a finger as she backed across the room.

Defiantly she shook her head, “you come here!” She’d barely finished the words and he was there.

                “I love it when you’re all ‘Girl Power’!” his arms linked around her and his mouth descended to hers as he spoke.

Placing a hand over his mouth, stopping the kiss that she knew would be toe curling, she stared at him, “I am always Girl Power Mr Southland, and I think you may need to remember that.” With a shove to the chest she sent him hurtling backwards onto the bed. The grunt of surprise made her laugh and within seconds she had climbed to sit astride him.