Chapter 22 - A night to remember?

Chapter 22

Lilah was relieved that Freddy was a good sleeper. After bathing and feeding him he was more than ready to settle down for the night, giving Lilah half an hour before Quinn was coming over. Normally she’d have wanted him to stay and bath him, be involved, but the tension was making her nervous and she needed time to prepare for the night. She’d promised herself a good night, let alone him, and she didn’t want to let either of them down. That humid night in the North African hotel was a distant memory, and Lilah knew she needed more than that to last her the rest of her life.

Ransacking her wardrobe she searched for something that said ‘sexy’ but ‘not trying too hard’, and failed dramatically. In the end she found her newest sexy lingerie, a cute pink push up bra and matching shorts, after all she had some stretch marks from Freddy that she didn’t have before, she needed all the help she could get. Lilah pulled a cute little vest top from the back of her draw and put it on with some short black shorts. It was as good as it got.

Downstairs she had a bottle of wine in the fridge, not that she wanted alcohol to cloud her enjoyment...or her memories! Then she pulled out some takeaway menus. She had no intention of cooking tonight, and whilst she didn’t know what he’d like, she ordered a selection of Chinese food, knowing that delivery out to this fairly isolated spot would take a while. Then she cracked open the wine, taking a glass for courage.

She was selecting an appropriate CD to suit her mood when there a tap preceded the back door opening.

                “Hello?”

                “HI Quinn, I’m in here.”

When she turned around, Quinn was resting against the door jamb just watching her.

                “What?” she asked self consciously.

He grinned and it was a warm wonderful sight, “just admiring the view! Those are seriously hot shorts Miss Dawson!”

She glanced down at her bare legs, then slowly back at him, casual in flip flops, perfectly fitting old worn jeans and a snug black t-shirt, “why thanks you Mr Southland, you don’t look so bad yourself!”

Quinn chuckled, “that wine looks nice...”

She selected a CD then hit the play button, the White Album started with Birthday, and Quinn raised an eyebrow.

“Disc two, a controversial choice!”

She laughed, “You’re talking to a girl who met Joan Armatrading! I don’t seem to do convention.”

He raised an eyebrow, “really?” He mimed an electric guitar as he sang at the top of his voice, “Animal mineral physical spiritual, I'm the one you need, I'm the one you need.

Lilah laughed even harder, “I can’t believe you know her, I mean when I met her I told people in school and they had no clue!”

Quinn swung his arm around her shoulder, “my girlfriend at school had parents who were more hippy than yours, I swear!” Then he swung her around to the eclectic mix that was the White Album. Eventually she pulled apart, weak from laughing so much.

                “I’ll get you a wine. I ordered in Chinese by the way, it takes a while to deliver here, and I wanted us to eat before midnight!"

Quinn stopped, lifting a hand to cup her chin, “well we have to leave plenty of time for ‘talking’, don’t we?”

The responding laugh was silenced by his lips finally swooping down to hers. Every instinct in her wanted to suck this man inside her, possess him, own him, but maddeningly he was controlling her growing ardour, keeping the kiss at a superficial basis. Merely between their mouths, their lips tongue and odd clash of teeth.